2010 Treatment Locations

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Brainteaser
Family Elder

2010 Treatment Locations

Post by Brainteaser »

XX
Last edited by Brainteaser on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

That all seems quite sound, Phil.

For Canada, I half-suspect that it will be Montreal, or Vancouver, or both (that would be good). This is going places, no doubt about it.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

Singapore will not do by initiative. China will; or Taiwan :P India - Definitively. Forget Bangkok.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I think by the end of 2010, the world of MS will be a completely different terrain (if it all pans out as CCSVI). When 000's of people end up testing positive for CCSVI, treatment will not be able to be denied. The ground zero murmurs are gaining momentum, and groups are starting to connect. (eg Perth with Dr Haake)

I also do not have a crystal ball, and I am not even going to give my magic 8 ball a shake.
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

Well, rule out the Netherlands for 2010. The VU in Amsterdam is trying to investigate the relation between CCSVI and MS.
But the way they are setting up the investigation is at least a bit confusing (you could use stronger words :evil: )

So, if you would want to say anything about the status in Holland: veery carefully the VU is making tiny steps in a development they do not trust right now.

But...things can change....
:roll:

Next week the first Dutch woman will be treated, Q1 2010 more Dutch MS patients will be treated by Dr. Simka in Poland (me included).

Robert
Last edited by Robnl on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

I am 75% sure there will be treatment in New York City in 2010. A trial is in the works, too.
jay123
Family Elder

Post by jay123 »

I am confident there will at least be a study in Buffalo next year.
Also, I'll bet anywhere you see the stem cell clinics you will see this. That would include Panama, Mexico, Puerto Rico, etc. Whether I would trust these...
selkie
Family Elder

Post by selkie »

IT's my understanding from people enrolled in the Buffalo study, it will not be revealed to the patient if they have a stenosis as it's a double blind study. But I don't really understand this, because anyone doing a doppler u/s image of a patient would be able to see this wouldn't they? How could the imaging be done well if the technician can't see what they're doing? So, I don't see how that fits the double blind criteria.

In any case, I'm told when the study results are published, however many months down the line, then the patients will be told about the stenosis.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'd considered going to Buffalo but I don't want to wait a year to find out if I have a stenosis or not.

Poland or Stanford seems like the best bets to me.

selkie
selkie
Family Elder

Post by selkie »

Does anyone know about trials beginning in Japan?

Thnx, S.
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

selkie - there is someone actively seeking doctors, etc. in India and Germany. Watch the postings for any announcement by her.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

Before the closure of ms-mri there was a map with locations including 2 in Japan (Yokohama and South Tokyo) and Beijing in China.
I did not took the addresses quickly enough. After it reopen; that map disappeared...

There are Drs. in Taiwan who already made this operation; I was given the addresses by Dr.Schilling.

I am in the process of trying to find those drs. The neurologist who consult me is also very interested; so are all people in the Taiwan's MS society.

But it still too early (here) to have anything tangible as of now. I will keep the group informed when I have reliable info.

Cheers and be well;

Algis
Last edited by Algis on Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
judipom
Family Member

North Carolina

Post by judipom »

I hope Duke and/or UNC make the 2010 list. I'm pushing to make that happen. (See my letter to Chapel Hill News) in forum/topic. Judi :o
frodo
Family Elder

Post by frodo »

Algis wrote:Before the closure of ms-mri there was a map with locations including 2 in Japan (Yokohama and South Tokyo) and Beijing in China.
I did not took the addresses quickly enough. After it reopen; that map disappeared...

There are Drs. in Taiwan who already made this operation; I was given the addresses by Dr.Schilling.

I am in the process of trying to find those drs. The neurologist who consult me is also very interested; so are all people in the Taiwan's MS society.

But it still too early (here) to have anything tangible as of now. I will keep the group informed when I have reliable info.

Cheers and be well;

Algis
Here you have them. Everything is still in this thread: http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-8490-haacke.html

Haibo Xu, MD
Dept. of Radiology, uni0n Hospital, Tongji Medical College
Huazhong Univ. of Science and Technology, 1277 Jiefang Ave, Wuhan, Hubei 430022, CHINA
+86-27-85726410
+86-27-85776343

Kohsuke Kudo, MD
Advanced Medical Research Center, Iwate Medical University
19-1 Uchimaru, Morioka 020-8505, JAPAN
+81-19-6515111
+81-19-6221091

Satoshi Terae, MD, PhD
Dept. of Radiology, Hokkaido University Hospital and Graduate School of Medicine
N15 W7, Kita-ku, Sapporo 060-8638, JAPAN
+81-11-7065977
+81-11-7067876
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

That is it - Thanks - Sorry my lack of perseverance but there are sooooo many posts in this thread...

Thank you!
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

algis, Dr Haacke's study at the ms-mri website, is only for imaging. He is not doing any procedures. He is not sn MD, he is a physicist and a designer of MRI software and protocols.