The Semmelweis Reflex

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

The Semmelweis Reflex

Postby ozarkcanoer » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:08 am

Someone posted this on the CCSVI Facebook page and I thought it was very interesting. Tell me what you think :

http://healthblog.ctv.ca/post/Iron-Mult ... eflex.aspx

ozarkcanoer
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby ozarkcanoer » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:11 am

Sorry I fixed the bad link. :( :(
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Postby Ruthless67 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:26 am

ozarkcanoer,

I'm both surprised and delighted that CTV came out with this story! I guess we really do have allies at CTV!! I'm wondering though if they came under attack after they aired the "Liberation" segment.

Lora
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Postby Sharon » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:30 am

OC - very interesting article. Even though much of the research is looking at Parkinson's disease, it does seem to have a correlation to the iron deposition in MS. Maybe another dot is about to be connected.

Thanks for posting
Sharon
Sharon
Family Elder

Postby CureIous » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:29 am

Unfreakingbelievable. But did they have to link up to CR's blog lol. No matter that is incredible to possibly explain the mechanism beyond our current understanding. Wow another printout to digest and ponder. Can you imagine walking into your neuro or whoever and saying, "OH my gosh you have Semmelweis Reflex, are you taking something for that??"

The stack of papers grows....
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
CureIous
Family Elder

Postby IbRiz » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:46 am

Haha - good one!

christian
RRMS Dx'd 2009
IbRiz
Family Member

Postby Johnson » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:57 am

Ruthless67 wrote:ozarkcanoer,

I'm both surprised and delighted that CTV came out with this story! I guess we really do have allies at CTV!! I'm wondering though if they came under attack after they aired the "Liberation" segment.

Lora

We have a pretty staid media (and population) here, and to the best of my knowledge, no one has anything but praise for CTV's W5 on this story (blogging blow-hards don't count). I have not even heard of any real public criticism of Dr. Zamboni's work, but for the neuro in Ottawa, to whom Dr. Z quickly, and adroitly, responded. Nobody is listening to the Ottawa stiff, anyway (o).

Canadians don't work on mice either. Grin
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
Johnson
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)