Doppler ultrasound in Melbourne

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
elaine
Family Member

Post by elaine »

Hi everyone
well i just got back and i was told that i have less blood flow from my left jugular, i get my results from my Doctor tomorrow so i will have more details then.
Yes kats your right it cost me $225.00 and no medicare refund but to be honest i really don't care, at least now i feel like i am on the right track.Dr Julie Gregg is very nice i told her that my next step is to try and find someone to do the mrv she said they are waiting on the softwear.
I will update more info after my doctors appontment tomorrow.
elaine
kats
Family Member

Post by kats »

Hi All,

Spoke to Dr Julie Gregg today.
Apparently has been finding irregularities in the MS Patients that she has tested but has not found anyone as yet that was really badly stenosed?

She is really nice indeed and understands all of our concerns in getting tested.
She mentioned she does not know yet when the testing equipment will arrive weather it is in a weeks time or a month?

Elaine how are you going today and how are your results?
marzy
Getting to Know You...

Post by marzy »

Hi Elaine,

You can get a medicare rebate from the doppler test.From the initial $225, you get back $144.
Keep us all posted on your final results and doctors report.
Cheers
Marzy
elaine
Family Member

Post by elaine »

hi kats & marzy posted doctors reprts on the aussie action thread sorry brain is everywhere.
Marzy you can no longer claime the medicare rebate on this item number.
avantitech
Family Member

Post by avantitech »

Folks

This afternoon I underwent the 45min Colour Doppler by Dr. J.G. and can confirm that indeed the readings of my neck veins are "not what is expected" of a normal scan. The data will be reviewed and then reported to my GP.

This information by itself is of course inconclusive as the complete CCSVI protocol criteria have not been met but would be enough to warrant further investigation via MRV. That may possibly happen as referral from my GP.

MRV examination at this clinic is still a few weeks away as software not installed as yet, and then they will be wanting to test on 'normals' first.

How many of us have been tested with similar results?
Would anyone in Melbourne who is interested in meeting to discuss further action please PM me.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

avantitech wrote:Folks

This afternoon I underwent the 45min Colour Doppler by Dr. J.G. and can confirm that indeed the readings of my neck veins are "not what is expected" of a normal scan. The data will be reviewed and then reported to my GP.

This information by itself is of course inconclusive as the complete CCSVI protocol criteria have not been met but would be enough to warrant further investigation via MRV. That may possibly happen as referral from my GP.

MRV examination at this clinic is still a few weeks away as software not installed as yet, and then they will be wanting to test on 'normals' first.

How many of us have been tested with similar results?
Would anyone in Melbourne who is interested in meeting to discuss further action please PM me.
Hi,
well last August first Dr. Simka and Dr. Kostecki made Doppler to me - left jugular valve propblem.
I had couple of Dopplers in Slovakia and I have to say that one doctor was very interested and found no blood flow in my left jugular but did not know why. At the beggining it looked just normal to him.

I want to have my iron deposits in brain to be check. I wait for software installation as well. I hope the manage.
Good luck!
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

My wife who has mild MS, had a quick doppler done by an IR who immediately picked up some 'turbulence' in her left jug. He is now setting up a venography and possible angiogram for her. He felt there was no need for an MRV, the venography will pick up everything.
jianfei

Awaiting results

Post by jianfei »

Hi All,

I had my 45min Colour Doppler by Dr. J.G. this afternoon. She told me most of the figures look within limits with just some slight narrowing on right side. So I am looking forward to getting results from GP.

Will post more once I speak to GP, hopefully tomorrow. Regardless I still want to perform the MRV and any other tests I can even if I dont qualify as CCSVI.

She told me I was No. 10

Cost is now $300 with no rebate. :P

Cheers

jianfei
hwebb
Family Elder

Cranial Doppler in Melbourne

Post by hwebb »

I'm booked in to have a Cranial Doppler on Tuesday. I'll write a post if this is successful - the analyst has used Cranial Doppler a lot...but never to assess blood flow in veins. It may tell me more info than my recent MRV - which showed one definite stenosis, 1 suspected stenosis, and a very narrow IJV.
hwebb
avantitech
Family Member

Post by avantitech »

G'Day all,
just cross referencing to progress posting in Aussie Action topic thread for new folks Re: Vascular investigation in Melbourne
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-8130-240.html#92263
Cheers