If you have received a CCSVI diagnosis....

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
cheerleader
Family Elder

If you have received a CCSVI diagnosis....

Post by cheerleader »

Please come over to Facebook and post your info. Trying to get a thread going to show jugular involvement in patients tested around the world. We have doctors confirming CCSVI in New Zealand, Australia, Canada, France....it's not just Stanford and Italy anymore.
To post, click on the blue CCSVI below-
thanks,
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
leetz
Family Elder

WILL DO..

Post by leetz »

TALKING TO MY DOCTOR MID-NEXT WEEK...WHAT EXACT TEST SHOULD I BE ASKING FOR...Does anyone know? Doppler of IJV's or AZY's or both? Or should I be asking for an MRV or MRA????

Thanks to all...
Together we can move mountains!!!!
From NY
Leetz (campather-now interested in CCSVI)
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

The problem with posting is that, you have to sign in. Cheer, you can post for me. my husband: doppler, June 2009 Paris....Phlebographies 25Nov and 23Dec Paris. MS diagnosed Aug 2002 Paris last EDSS by a neuro was 4.5, but I would have said at least a 6(he is still working but finds it very difficult to walk)
angioplasty for 3 blockages in internal jugular, no stents, missing pre sacral venous plexus (both sides)...no hope for that.
Why
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Thanks, Why. I will post for you...
trying to show correlation for stenosis/MS is being found around the world. I realize with Facebook you lose anonymity, and that is a problem for many. (Too late for me and Jeff...our e-mail in boxes are scary places.) 8O

Just trying to help patients who are having a difficult time getting tested.
If anyone else wants me to post for them, anonymously, I will do so...just add your info on this thread.
thanks so much,
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
jean-la-grenouille
Family Member

different kinds of CCSVI

Post by jean-la-grenouille »

Hi,

I have been tested for CCSVI last week in Paris by Dr Franceschi.
I have a problem with both internal jugular veins ( no blood flow). I'm advised to try inclined bd therapy, to see if this can improve some symptoms. Then I could have a venography before intervention (balooning).

One of my sister also as MS, but not the same kind (i have relapsing MS, without any flair-up for 8 years :-) ). My sister has progressive MS (EDSS 6.5).
So my father as asked Dr Franceschi about my sister. The problem is that veins may be damaged in many areas (sometimes even missing). So it is presently difficult to help these patients.
But research on CCSVI is really new and promising. Maybe doctors will be able to help more patients (with specific techniques or materials) in the near futur.

Best wishes for the coming new year :-)
IbRiz
Family Member

Post by IbRiz »

jean-la-grenouille that's great news! So you can be tested in Paris now?

Did he say where you can have the balooning performed?

Christian
RRMS Dx'd 2009
cinder21
Family Member

Post by cinder21 »

Looking at these posts, am beginning to wonder what the benefit of diagnosing stenosis is. After being dx'd with stenosis, defective valves or twisting of the jugulars, then what?. Whos gonna help us be liberated? IS it worth it getting dx'd with CCSVI first or should i wait to see Dr.Dake or Simka where i can get everything done?
22 yr old male located in the caribbean. Suffering with MS like symptoms from early 2008 with multiple relapses under my belt with optic neuritis. Not dx'd as yet however. Hope is to ultimately be tested for CCSVI
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Thank you, Jean. I have posted for you anonymously on Facebook.
Cinder, It is important to establish the connection between venous malformation/stenosis and MS. A variety of doctors are finding this now. I met Dr. Franceschi in Bologna, -he is a well-published and very well-respected vascular doctor and he was very reticent to treat CCSVI surgically just yet, but there are neuroradiologists and vascular doctors who are able to deal with a variety of jugular and venous problems. The first step is identifying the venous problem with venography.

A diagnosis will help with insurance coverage for treatment, and help add to the continuing worldwide evidence of CCSVI in MS.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
kinga
Family Member

Post by kinga »

Cheer-
If You could post for me also...
woman,35,diagnosed MS 2002,doppler October 2009 showed reflux and valves problem on both sides,MRV November 2009 showed azygous vein blockage,no jugular veins problems.Doctors suggest balooning to resolve azygous vein problem.
Thanks a lot!
cinder21
Family Member

Post by cinder21 »

Thankyou Cheer for your reply. Makes sense. Thanks also for opening this thread. I am trying to establish which doctors are willing to at least test for CCSVI via MRI-SWI or doppler or MRV besides Dr.Dake and Dr.Simka. AM finding it hard to do so.
22 yr old male located in the caribbean. Suffering with MS like symptoms from early 2008 with multiple relapses under my belt with optic neuritis. Not dx'd as yet however. Hope is to ultimately be tested for CCSVI
jean-la-grenouille
Family Member

comment on Dr Franceschi

Post by jean-la-grenouille »

I agree with the former threads. The venous problem isnt "a simple narrowing that can be enlarged", the venous problem is wide (especially in progressives MS) and presently difficult to solve.

I'm french and can easily speak to Dr Franceschi. He is very careful (that's why he didn't send me to another Dr to be operated "as soon as possible"). I try inclined bed therapy (as he advised me to do), look for any improvement, then, something could be done.

We have to be patient and go on promoting CCSVI, because it is the most important discovery regarding MS we have ever seen.

Jean
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: If you have received a CCSVI diagnosis...

Post by NHE »

If you have received a CCSVI diagnosis, then please also start a post in the Tracking Thread sticky. This can be started now and then updated when you have treatment.

Thanks, NHE
prof8
Family Elder

Post by prof8 »

Could someone post anonymously for me on Facebook? Perhaps Joan?
Tested for CCSVI in Dec. 2009 at Stanford.
90-95% occlusion in BOTH lower jugular veins, some occlusion in upper left jugular vein.
I have not had CCSVI treated.
Diagnosed with MS in fall 2007. EDSS is 1-1.5

Thanks so much!!!! :)
mrsilkykat
Family Member

Post by mrsilkykat »

Cheer -- If I have a private MRV at my local university hospital by an IR/Vasular guy how does that information contribute to the worldwide connection of CCSVI & MS? Where does my data go other than posting it to everyone on TIMS & Facebook.

I am questioning how individual testing contributes to the store and dissemination of valid data.
Kat
simone
Family Member

Post by simone »

[quote="cheerleader"]
"Cinder, It is important to establish the connection between venous malformation/stenosis and MS. A variety of doctors are finding this now. "

I agree with you. Has anyone made a list of doctors that can do the testing? Anyone know some in California other than Dake? Not wanting to wait for the studies.

"The first step is identifying the venous problem with venography."

I thought an MRV was the first step then doppler . Still new to this. Greatful for your clarity.

Foggy with an overlay of a cold.