For those who have gone/are going to Poland

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Family Member

Post by Guest »

selkie

I’ve received an email from Dr. Simka today. He confirmed that I’m on the waiting list for October 2010.

This calls for a celebration.
:D
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Alica,
CONGRATULATIONS :D :D :D
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
Dovechick
Family Elder

Going to Poland

Post by Dovechick »

Oh it is so good to hear that people are still able to go to Poland even if they have to wait 10 months for the intervention.
Congrats.
Michele,  warrior4MS, mother and champion for Ella, the MSer. The solution is out there we just have to ask the right questions.
Family Member

Post by Guest »

Thank you. I fell blessed and very happy.

Erika.

This wouldn’t have happened if not for you. Thanks for the help and friendly push. :wink:
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

Guest wrote:selkie

I’ve received an email from Dr. Simka today. He confirmed that I’m on the waiting list for October 2010.

This calls for a celebration.
:D
That is great Guest. Something to look forward to. Maybe you will feel so good to swing over to Bavaria for Oktoberfest.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
colapesce
Family Elder

Post by colapesce »

Congratulations, Guest!

The best new year gift you could ask for!
SandyK
Family Elder

Post by SandyK »

I just received my email from Dr. Simka! I'm on the list for January 2011. That's a long way off but having never been to a foreign country before it gives me time to get a passport and learn some Polish!

I can't stop smiling and weeping. I feel like pressure has just been released from my head.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Dera SandyK!
Great news!
:D :D :D
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
Family Member

Post by Guest »

Johnson wrote:Maybe you will feel so good to swing over to Bavaria for Oktoberfest.
Anything is possible. Even though I’m a light drinker, I sure appreciate a good quality beer. :wink:

colapesce

You read my mind. :P

SandyK.

I’m so happy for you. There is light at the end of the tunnel after all. Welcome in the club. :D
SandyK
Family Elder

Post by SandyK »

Thank you. This is a club I am glad to be a member of!
Jaguar
Family Member

Post by Jaguar »

I too have emailed Dr. Simka and am waiting for a reply.

Fiddler, I am also in Canada - Montreal. I was **disappointed** in the response by the Montreal Neurological Institute to CCSVI and do not expect any assistance from the MS health practitioner community whatsoever.
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

SandyK,

That is very good news, and I am very glad for you. There is more light after these darkest of days.

Alica,

You can always hit the south of France for the Vendange. Red wine interferes with iron absorption, you know... (I was so pleased to learn that! And coffee too!) A nice bottle of Macon would do the trick for a celebration.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
dialed_in
Family Member

Post by dialed_in »

Jaguar, not sure if you have been trying St. Mary's in Montreal, but this may be a good lead for you. Read the entire page, there is a Dr there that is interested in CCSVI and apparently willing to look into it.

http://my-darn-ms.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... pital.html

His name and phone number are in the link.
greenandchic
Family Member

Post by greenandchic »

Congratulations everyone! I just emailed him a few weeks ago and still waiting to hear back. I guess I would be sometime in 2011 if I hear back.
fiddler
Family Elder

St Mary's

Post by fiddler »

Congratulations to everyone who has joined the club... guess we all have a lot more hope going into a new year.

Jaguar and others, regarding the information about St. Mary's hospital, there is more information in a later posting of mine: http://my-darn-ms.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... aging.html. In summary, I found out that the CCSVI testing is going to be done in a private clinic, not at St. Mary's. I'm waiting for them to get the MRV going before I find out more so as to decide whether I want to risk the time and money going there to test for CCSVI. I can see one situation where what I could find out there might change my plans: if my veins are occluded by bone growth, it is possible that the people in Poland will not be able to help me.
...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”