Oct 2010

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Re: Oct 2010

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Richardk wrote: Erika
One question I have, which I may have missed in previous posts, is whether the testing and the angioplasty/stent procedures are done in the same city, ie Katowice I am scheduled for August, and your experience is invaluable...

Richard
dx'd 1996 SPMS EDSS 7.5
MRV is done in Zabrze - it is town close to Katowice about 20 minutes by Taxi - I paid 80 Zloty.
The procedure is made in another hospital in Katowice.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
Fatima
Getting to Know You...

Post by Fatima »

Hi,

if you look here:katowice airport destinations map you can see all the destinations to and from Katowice. Hope it helps a bit.

If you consider to fly from overseas to Frankfurt don't get confused about Frankfurt and Frankfurt/Hahn. Take Frankfurt. Because Frankfurt/Hahn is a smaller commercial airport located about 100 km (62 mi) from Frankfurt city.

Fátima
Robnl
Family Elder

Post by Robnl »

From Eindhoven (NL), there is a direct flight to Katowice with Wizzair, globally 200 Euro for 2 persons.

Robert
matchoo

Post by matchoo »

Guest wrote:
matchoo wrote:I bet Frankfurt is best then.

There are direct flights from Canada to Frankfurt, Germany with Lufthansa and to Amsterdam, Netherlands with KLM. Lufthansa and KLM are, in my opinion, the two most reliable airlines. For those who travel in the busy summer season, I would recommend to check out direct transatlantic charter flights to Dusseldorf or Munich, Germany. It’s considerably cheaper. Connecting flights are available from all these destinations throughout Europe.
This really helps Guest. I cant wait.Have you had procedure done yet? You feel better and did they find abnormality?
Off to work and coffee!!

Best Wishes!

Matt
Family Member

Post by Guest »

matchoo

I'm on the waiting list for October 2010. Just like you. :)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”