Buffalo - is private pay for doppler an option now?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Buffalo - is private pay for doppler an option now?

Postby SaintLouis » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:43 pm

I've read a few posts where people state they have had dopplers done at Buffalo and are getting the results. This makes me think it is not as part of a study.

Can anyone who has had this done as a private paying patient at Buffalo per the Zamboni protocol and been able to get a copy of the test verify this is an option?
SaintLouis
Family Elder

Postby ozarkcanoer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:12 pm

SaintLouis,

I think that Buffalo clinical trial participants are given a DVD with their MRI scans but not their MRV or doppler ultrasound results. I've never read a post about any private imaging.

ozarkcanoer
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Postby Chuck123 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi Saint Louis,
Go to Introduction thread down about 18 topics see MRV In Canada by annad and read posts the info on Buffalo private imaging is there
Chuck
Sorry, at this stage don't know how to cut and paste on this site----I am an ole timer. :lol:
Chuck123
Family Member

Postby SaintLouis » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:28 pm

Thank you-I looked where you indicated and found the thread.
SaintLouis
Family Elder

Postby bestadmom » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:13 pm

I wet to Buffalo. I got my disk of the mri and mrv, no reports, no doppler. The others I know who went got the same thing. We went in September and October. I don't know what they are doing now.

The transcranial doppler is the best tool for flow issues. The mri is not useful as a ccsvi diagnostic tool and the mrv was not a good enough scan to make a diagnosis with, according to a radiologist who read it for me.
bestadmom
Family Elder

Postby Chuck123 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:07 am

Saint Louis,
Call the Seton Imaging Center at number listed and request specific informatioonequipment . We had MRV onboth internal jugs and aygous vein done in mid Dec. I believe they now have Doppler capability.
Give them call to satisfy your concerns. It is a new and moving technology.
Chuck
If you need more info PM me and give me e-mail or phone number---I will respond.
Chuck123
Family Member

Postby jay123 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:45 am

Thats interesting that Seton is dong them. For others thats a large MRI company in Buffalo. Are they doing doppler too?
I had another doctor tell me that they were trying to hire an nterventional radiologist there.
The problem in Buffalo is you can get diagnosed, but can't get fixed!
jay123
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)