has dr simka told you that a doppler examination is enough for him to diagnose a ccsvi? I have emailed him regarding this question but i am still waiting for a reply.
I wouldn't like to come over to Poland from spain and come back with an incomplete diagnosis.
From what I understand from Zamboni's research papers, the special eco-color-doppler (extra- and endocranical of azygos and jugular venes) was used as the method in his research to diagnose CCSVI. And Dr Simka also uses this Zamboni method
So it should be one way of FIRST DIAGNOSIS.
I know that alternatively - or in addition - you can also diagnose with Magnetic Resonance (to get additional info, so seems Simka does both to have a fuller picture. But Zamboni did to my knowledge not use this MRV technique (I was actually astonished when saw it being applied elsewhere for diagnosis). And that the following ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED venography, which is invasive, then gives extra specific details necessary for the operation.
See below what Dr Simka had asked me in December when asked for a doppler for CCSVI diagnosis. I then decided to come in January since wanted to have the diagnosis immediately. With a doppler you will get diagnosis, but most likely no pictures (Simka told me for a doppler those make little sense) - only a written detailed medical venologist description of the problem.
It is therefore indeed not as detailed as if you do everything in one go or do the MR/venography in addition, where you get pics. But please note that the date for the waiting list of the wider packages is now no longer September 2010, but Simka told me today on the phone mid 2011! I do not want to wait that long for my diagnosis and hope with the doppler results from Simka can try to give my helpful generalist some justification in hands so he can send me to a venologist. My generalist is very open to Zamboni's findings but was unable to find a lab that would do the specific CCSVI doppler test. It seems only in the Ferrara Hospital they know how to do it and there the procedure is blocked for political reasons. So I also need this doppler-exam results to try to move on things here in Italy!
And if have diagnosis, also do not mind to organise a second trip to Poland (or Bulgaria?) later. Before organising for everything isn't it better to know first if you have a CCSVI problem and check out the place and doctor? Dr Simka told me today that until now he diagnosed CCSVI in 95% of people with MS, that's encouraging! But am still curious if I'm part of the 95%.
I will go with (very!) low-cost flight + 50 Euro cost for doppler diagnosis, that's affordable
And should I have asked for more (ie MR + venography) would have needed to go anyway for a second time, as the intervention cannot be done by Simka before 2011...
But that's my personal case. I understand that if s.o. needs to fly for a high cost from Canada/US (or cannot get a low-cost flight in Europe) that difficult to afford two trips.
Datum: Samstag, 12. Dezember 2009, 17:34
Are you interested only in Doppler examination. In such a case the examiantion can be done earlier (January). Yet, if you want to combine it with MR venography and operation during the same trip to Poland, the appointments are at the moment in September 2010.