Canadian Front Lines

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
youbetcha
Family Member

Post by youbetcha »

Sheri,

That's great news! I look forward to reading your post after you've seen the surgeon. I'm curious to know if he will actually do the intervention.

I anxiously await!.....
DizzyLiz
Family Member

Canadian Fron Lines

Post by DizzyLiz »

There is a Canadian group calling themselves the " MS liberation Group "who have organized to give this research a "kick start". They are looking for members and research contributions to help fund centres across the country, I believe, that are interested in joining the study. It will take TIME for the MS Society and Government funds to be allocated to get research up and running. To join and contribute, check out:

http://msliberation.ca/MS_Liberation_Gr ... ut_us.html
email: help@msliberation.ca

Dr. Haacke was in Ottawa to speak with them Jan 4th and was interviewed the next day by CHRO Radio. He will be talking with another branch of the group in Toronto on Jan 14th.
Bobbi
Family Member

Avis Favaro

Post by Bobbi »

Shiraz,
Have you had contact with Avis Favaro of CTV regarding the February meeting for CCSVI in Hamilton?
How did you make out with your testing in Barrie?
We are all hoping that somewhere in Ontario the testing is proving to be reliable .... then comes the procedure.
Good luck!
Bobbi
Shiraz
Getting to Know You...

Re: Avis Favaro

Post by Shiraz »

Bobbi wrote:Shiraz,
Have you had contact with Avis Favaro of CTV regarding the February meeting for CCSVI in Hamilton?
How did you make out with your testing in Barrie?
We are all hoping that somewhere in Ontario the testing is proving to be reliable .... then comes the procedure.
Good luck!
Bobbi
Hi Bobbi
I will try to listen very carefully and closely and then post his comments. My husband and sister are going with me. Everyone is feeling positive and hopeful. . I'm trying to breathe and stay calm.
Best
Sheri
Last edited by Shiraz on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TFau
Family Elder

Post by TFau »

I wish you luck, Shiraz, and can't wait to hear what they have to say.

My husband (PPMS, diagnosed in '98) is waiting to hear when his appt in Barrie is. I'll be calling on Friday if I don't hear anything by then.

Theresa
Farmz

Post by Farmz »

Shiraz wrote: However, my friend got his ultrasound in NewMarket which is a town a half hour south - so I don't know about her claim. I have heard it takes three days for a technician to learn this particular technique.
Hi Shiraz,
Glad to hear that things seem to be going forward with you. Hope your appointment with Dr. McDonald was fruitful.
You comment above about your friend having the ultrasound done in New Market. Could you give me the name of where the test was done? Was it just Ultra Sound or did they do the Doppler as well?
youbetcha
Family Member

Re: Avis Favaro

Post by youbetcha »

The thought of someone actually having the procedure done here in Ontario, just like that, brings tears to my eyes. Can it be true??

Sheri, keep us posted and good luck tomorrow!
Bobbi
Family Member

Post by Bobbi »

Shiraz,
This is really exciting. Good luck with your appointments. Keep us updated. United we stand.
Bobbi
TFau
Family Elder

Post by TFau »

Has anyone heard from Shiraz? I hope that they found stenosis for her!
annad
Family Elder

Post by annad »

I've been following too and wondering what the latest is. . . hello!! Shiraz. . .are you home :)
sonia52
Family Member

Post by sonia52 »

It seems that real testing will soon be available in a few private clinics of Ottawa (Ontario) and Gatineau (Québec).
Bobbi
Family Member

Post by Bobbi »

It sometimes takes Canadian radiologists a week to make up a report then send it to the refering doctor. Maybe she doesn't have her results quite yet. I'm sure we will hear from her soon.
Just hope all is well, Shiraz.
Bobbi
youbetcha
Family Member

Post by youbetcha »

Actually, according to previous posts, shiraz had the testing, the Thursday appointment was with a vascular surgeon to discuss the findings of the test.

I'm sure she'll post when she's ready.....hope all is well!
ms2009
Family Member

Post by ms2009 »

Thanks Shiraz,
Please keep us posted. There is already a place to do the doppler in Montreal but no surgeon for CCSVI. I hope this will be available in Ontario and hope that it will bring some good results for all MSers.
Reytan
Family Member

Post by Reytan »

Has anybody got any experience with Barrie Vascular Imaging to share with us?

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”