Canadian Front Lines

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
youbetcha
Family Member

Post by youbetcha »

I haven't been to the Barrie Vascular Imaging center however, my GP did provide me with a requisition for Doppler testing in North York. I went for the test on Monday, the technician read the protocol I had printed off for her and said she would do her best to follow it. On Wednesday I was called by the same imaging company but from a different location (Vaughan) asking if I would go in for further testing. The technologist at the Vaughan location said she and the radiologist will be going the CCSVI workshop in Hamilton on Sunday (to try and gain better understanding of the protocol) and will re-test me on Monday evening.

I suppose my message here is: "Ask your GP for a requisition".

I believe I was the first MS'er tested at this North York Lab and will be the first to be tested at the Vaughan Lab on Monday but they're willing to test anyone who has a requisition. The Vaughan tech seemed really enthusiastic about going to the workshop on Sunday and eager to test me on Monday. You CAN be next.
annad
Family Elder

Post by annad »

I haven't gone but I called about a week ago. . . they only do the jugulars and the nurse/receptionist told me the Dr. was going to meet Dr. Zamboni in Italy.
Reytan
Family Member

Post by Reytan »

Thank you so much for fast response and all the information. I have already referral in my hand. Could please let me know a contact info to Vaughan?
youbetcha
Family Member

Post by youbetcha »

Hi Reytan,

Vaughan info:

Dixie X-Ray Associates Ltd.
8333 Weston Road
Woodbridge, ON L4L 8E2
Phone: 905-850-6934

Hope this helps.....keep us posted!
Reytan
Family Member

Post by Reytan »

youbetcha wrote:Hi Reytan,

Vaughan info:

Dixie X-Ray Associates Ltd.
8333 Weston Road
Woodbridge, ON L4L 8E2
Phone: (905) 850-7478
Fax: 905-850-6934

Hope this helps.....keep us posted!
Thank you very much for the info. I have appointment there next week. Could you please let us know how was you appointment in Woodbridge on Monday evening? Have they found anything? We all appreciate any feedback. Thank you.
zinamaria
Family Elder

Post by zinamaria »

Hi Reytan,

Sorry in advance to all on this thread, for this has nothing to do with the topic, but I must know the name of the painting in that little square there, on your whatever these are called (I am not computer literate!) and who is the painter? The image is very small, but I can see it is a painting?
You can email me privately, or I can check back here...thanx

zina

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”