CCSVI in New Zealand

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
peterj

Re: Scans and angioplasty

Post by peterj »

Had the ultrasound done at CRG yesterday. Narrowing found in both right and left internal jugulars in the middle. No more info at this stage. The report is going to get written up and sent to our GP, who happens to be away for the week - so we have to wait ... but we are getting images on CD sent to us so will have these for later comparisons

Can anyone PM me if they have had a Doppler Ultrasound and Angioplasty. Am interested in persuing but want to talk to someone who has already being through the process in New Zealand.
thks

Peterj
NZer1
Family Elder

Post by NZer1 »

Hi Peter Muse (Arne) is one person who has been treated here in NZ. I do know of one other. They have both been treated twice and by the same IR.
It is very under cover at this point because they do not want to have the opportunity to go for multiple treatments shut down like has happened overseas.
Others have been treated around the world eg Australia when that was happening. Seems NZ pwms are not likely to get treated in Australia any more, although the stories change that have been reported.
Being treated in Australia is the closest option and it going to be a case of who to see.
As with anywhere around the globe, the experience of the IR is vitally important and you would be advised to check the person's experience and any recommendations you get thoroughly.
Sorry I didn't get back to your PM I have not been well.
Regards Nigel