Any CCSVI (MRV and Doppler) testing facility in India

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
savannahstarr
Getting to Know You...

Post by savannahstarr »

Thanks for this "not really Johnson" ... much appreciated.
GuRu
Family Elder

Post by GuRu »

There are six patients slated to take part in the first trip the third week of March, with three to be treated in Chennai and the others in Bangalore. :)

Details!!

http://www.lacombeglobe.com/ArticleDisp ... ?e=2276689
ayresdream

Post by ayresdream »

My wife is scheduled for CCSVI testing, and if needed, procedure at Max Hospital in New Delhi. We're booked for mid-February (pending the Indian Visa).

When we were researching getting the procedure, we were also in touch with Dr. P.C. Gupta, a vascular surgeon at the Care Hospital in Hyderabad. www.carehospitals.com.
manojag22
Family Member

Post by manojag22 »

Dear All,

What I'm looking for is a testing facility not a treatment facility right now.

Cheers

Sunny
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

Hello Manoj! Hey everyone just wanted to point out something Manoj related to me a few days ago, the MRV he had that we bounced around for a bit, cost 150 USD, if I understood him correctly. While it wasn't on par with some of the better one's I've seen, it still was adequate to show *obvious* malformations. A decent seat will cost about 2k from LAX. Sure there's better deals to be had travel wise. The people are intelligent, and many like Manoj are educated here, and/or just educated period, and it sounds like they are not having any slowdown getting things going over there, albeit probably without rigorous government standards to conform to such as here, where money talks and everyone else grab a number.

Plus the Indian people are just plain fun to hang around with....

Mark
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
manojag22
Family Member

Post by manojag22 »

Dear All,

It costs only 200 USD for doing a MRV scan with contrast and 50 USD for a color doppler test at a best clinic or hospital in major cities India, like Mumbai, New Delhi or Chennai.

If the tests are positive then it w'll hardly costs 5,000 to 10,000 USD to place a multiple stents at a best hospitals.

This is just a information for all of you.

Regards

Sunny
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

We need India to move here for about a year, hows about it?
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
oryx

Post by oryx »

National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS) at Banglore has a 3 T MRI machine and color Doppler facility. Since its a Govt sponsored research institute, its is >20% cheaper.
Usually there is a waiting period of few weeks.
manojag22
Family Member

Post by manojag22 »

Do they necessary skils to perform test/scan for CCSVI, i yes it could be ver useful for quite a few people.
oryx

Post by oryx »

Manoj,

I did CCSVI screening at Manipal (1.5T) simply by giving them the protocols from Prof Haacke's site:
http://www.ms-mri.com/potential.php
If they follow this procedure, for MRI/MRV, any skilled technician can do the work. Believe me, at Manipal, the technician had no clue what he was testing for, he just followed the specifications. I am not relying on any of them for the INTERPRETATIONS, because I already KNOW that they can't and won't.

I have done MRI from NIMHANS on 3T a year back. I also KNOW they have a color Doppler.
TorCan
Getting to Know You...

Post by TorCan »

sbr487 wrote:I am in India too, in Chennai. In case you dont know, it seems that the an agency in Canada is offering trips to Indian for Canadian citizens for liberation treatment. I believe that work will be done in Apollo in Chennai. If you can share more history/info on the type of scans you have done, the department etc, I can connect with Chennai Apollo (and other hospitals here) and find out whatever details I can ...
I have a trip set with Yasmeen that will take me from Toronto, Canada and travel to the Appolo Hospital in Chennai India. The trip will leave here in the late part of March 2010. I have had the MRV scan which was conducted in Vancouver at the False Creek Surgical Center. The agency is named Surgicaltours.ca.

I just had to respond to this post to say that this is a very true entry, and I am looking forward to posting the results from my treatment.
TorCan
Getting to Know You...

Post by TorCan »

GuRu wrote:There are six patients slated to take part in the first trip the third week of March, with three to be treated in Chennai and the others in Bangalore. :)

Details!!

http://www.lacombeglobe.com/ArticleDisp ... ?e=2276689
I am going to be taking part in this trip to Chennai India at the end of March. What would you like to know about it?
got2doit

CCSVI

Post by got2doit »

Is the office in Vancouver only setting things up in India for Canadian citizens or U.S. citizens, too?
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

oryx wrote:Manoj,

I did CCSVI screening at Manipal (1.5T) simply by giving them the protocols from Prof Haacke's site:
http://www.ms-mri.com/potential.php
If they follow this procedure, for MRI/MRV, any skilled technician can do the work. Believe me, at Manipal, the technician had no clue what he was testing for, he just followed the specifications. I am not relying on any of them for the INTERPRETATIONS, because I already KNOW that they can't and won't.

I have done MRI from NIMHANS on 3T a year back. I also KNOW they have a color Doppler.
Oryx,

What would be your next course of action?
Are you planning to talk to an Interventional radiologist?
BTW, did you need a reference from a Dr to undergo the MRV?

I have left a note a 3 hospitals in Chennai if they would be willing to do MRV to isolate venous insufficiency and waiting for them to get back (I doubt if they will)

Regards,
oryx

Post by oryx »

sbr,
At first I went to the radiologist at Manipal and put my history and the latest CCVI theory to him. He don't think he subscribed to that, but ofcourse he was curious.
So he immediately did a normal ultrasound of the neck (no colour Doppler, just a normal one you would find at any hospital.. ) and found slight reflux in one of the IJVs and that one was much thinner than the other. This being inconclusive, I gave him Prof Haacke's protocol and he agreed to do a MRI and MRV.
By the time the reports came, their interests too waned and according to the report there was nothing much abnormal.