CCSVI on blogtalk radio - Elaine DeLack

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
SammyJo
Family Elder

CCSVI on blogtalk radio - Elaine DeLack

Post by SammyJo »

Host Elaine DeLack, RN will discuss chronic cerebral spinal venous insufficiency (CCSVI) and what may be causing the narrowing of the jugular veins in MS.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/elaine-del ... yths-of-ms

About Eaine:
I am a registered nurse and I have multiple sclerosis. I began researching MS in 1993 and from that research I developed and patented the treatment called Prokarin. I have remained symptom free for the 12 years that I have been using Prokarin. In 1998 I founded the research company, EDMS LLC, http://www.edmsllc.com, and after completing a double-blind placebo controlled study on Prokarin, it became available to the public. Today more than 1,200 doctors have prescribed Prokarin to their MS patients. Prokarin is 180 degrees in the opposite direction of the current thinking of what causes MS. Because of this, it has been a struggle bringing Prokarin into mainstream medicine as a treatment option. I have written a book describing the obstacles I have encountered. My book is titled, "They Said It Didn't Make 'Cents'--MS the Prokarin Story. Please visit my website at www.edmsllc.com to learn more.
RRMS '95 SPMS '02 | CCSVI 10/09 | Adult stem cells 2012 | http://www.patientsforstemcells.org/
Arcee
Family Elder

Post by Arcee »

Just giving Harry Z a little credit here since he posted the link awhile ago. I listened to it and thought it was interesting, although there is some information we all could swap that would enhance all our learning.
diagnosed RR in spring '04
1 stent placed in left jugular vein 7/15/09
on and off Copaxone
allergric to interferons and Tysabri
leetz
Family Elder

HEADS UP FOLKS!!!!

Post by leetz »

****ALL INFORMATION WAS OBTAINED ON THIS WEB-SITE(BELOW)****

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRel ... cs/ms.html

AND I QUOTE"Prokarin

"Prokarin (also called Procarin) is a skin cream that is administered using a patch that enables its ingredients to be absorbed. The treatment is based on a hypothesis that involves histamine and dates back to the 1940s. The primary promoter is Elaine DeLack, a nurse who "discovered" and patented a mixture of histamine and caffeine. Compounding pharmacists prepare the product, which is inexpensive to manufacture but is sold for about $250 for a month's supply.

In February 2002, the journal Multiple Sclerosis published the results of a 12-week study of MS patients in which 21 people took Prokarin, 5 took a placebo, and all participants were asked to limit their intake of caffeinated beverages to one cup of regular coffee per day. The authors concluded that Prokarin produced a "modest" lessening of fatigue. [10]. The National Multiple Sclerosis Society advises that the study is difficult to interpret because the number of participants was small; the numbers in the Prokarin and placebo groups were very different; the fact that Prokarin contains caffeine might mix up the results; and other reasons [11]. The Society has also warned that Prokarin lacks a scientifically plausible rationale and has not been proven to modify the course of the disease.

Prokarin proponents are promoting this study as showing that Prokarin "works." But even if it can lessen fatigue, there is no reason to believe it can influence the course of the disease, which is why most people take it. In my opinion, it is a poor investment and any marketing that arouses hope that it will influence the course of MS is both unethical and may be illegal. If you encounter a pharmacist selling Prokarin, ask the state pharmacy board to investigate what claims are being made".

LEETZ!
GOD BLESS.... CCSVI treatment Dr. Siskin great doc....symptom's improved for about 3 week's (gait, balance, spasticity) now back to square 1...