merida wrote:I have had an MRV based on Dr. Haacke's protocol and it clearly shows a blocked jugular, should I include this in the information package or would that automatically disqualify me from the study?
merida wrote:Hi Mark,
Thanks for responding. I will definitely include it in the package.
Regarding the MRV, I was having no luck getting my husband tested in Canada or the US even after calling at least 15 private clinics as well as our GP in Toronto.
We spend the winter in Merida, Mexico and my husband, who has had RR MS (borderline SP MS - the neuros can't decide) for the last 34 years, has a neurologist here. We presented him with all of the information and he actually read it. He agreed that we should have the MRV and advised us that he would check at the private hospital here in Merida (Star Medica) to ensure that they had the equipment and software to perform the test. They did, so he set us up with the Director of Radiology, Dr. Rosado. (I'm not sure what the machine is but it was definitely state of the art).
I provided Dr. Rosado with Dr. Haacke's protocols and we spent about an hour and a half discussing the requirements. He advised that he could do everything but the SWI as they did not have the software for this particular scan. I was not too concerned about this as the SWI scan measures iron content and lesions on the brain. It is not necessary to have this information to determine if you have stenosis of the jugulars which was our goal.
I have a few pictures that show his blocked jugular that I would like to share if you can tell me how to post them.
Our next steps:
- We provided our GP in Toronto with a copy of the DVD of Rick's MRV and have requested that she send it to an interventional radiologist and vascular surgeon.
- We are also arranging to meet with an interventional radiologist and a vascular surgeon here in Merida to review the MRV in more detail. We are not planning to have the procedure done here.
- We have added our name to the waiting list for Dr. Simka in Poland and are still waiting to hear back from him.
- We also received the original email from Standford regarding the clinical study and are in the process of putting the information package together for Alex.
Trying to cover as many bases as possible.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users