UW Madison Neuroradiology Doc

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
VailKin
Getting to Know You...

UW Madison Neuroradiology Doc

Post by VailKin »

Dr. Xxxx, University of Wisconsin Madison, professor of neuroradiology, has sent a letter of intent to the US NMSS regarding research into CCSVI. Yay! I do not know the details of his proposal but it appears the medical community is paying attention! I got this info in response to an email I sent blindly to a neuroendovascular researcher at Madison that I found through Google.

I have "xxxd" out his name so that people don't start calling or emailing him.

He mentioned in his email that CCSVI hypothesis has gone "viral" in the MS Community. Yay TIMS!!
VailKin
Dxd 1994 RRMS, 2008 SPMS
Climb on!
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

If that guy can get Ian Duncan on board at UW, then a home run will have been hit indeed!
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

Xing out names is a good idea. There are times in the past when I should have done the same. But the news is good and if/when CCSVI pans out then many scientists will be glad that they supported this early on. Thanks for the information.

ozarkcanoer
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Yippie! Great work on the emails. That's what it takes. I would never divulge the names of the doctors who responded to our group's email campaign either. When they are ready for the deluge, they will let us know.
AlmostClever
Family Elder

Post by AlmostClever »

My doctor at the UT Med School-Houston Nuerology told me at my appointment on Friday that they have applied to the NMSS as well (along with the Stroke department there.)

I believe CCSVI is going to be looked at very closely across the U.S.!
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

This is exciting. I'll drive to Madison for the American Girl warehouse sale, so you bet I'd drive there to be a CCSVI guinea pig, if one thing leads to another!
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

Excellent work, very exciting to see things taking off. Like I told my friend tonight, who is new to CCSVI, "the dam has already broke, it's just the water hasn't reached this far yet".

Mark
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
Johnnymac
Family Elder

Post by Johnnymac »

Very nice! I love seeing all these University research departments trying to get involved. The Universities will listen to the ground swell and will look at the evidence with an objective view (for the most part), and its there where we'll see the confirmations start to flow in over the next several months. It'll all start when Buffalo announces the results of their study and the momentum will only increase.
VailKin
Getting to Know You...

Post by VailKin »

Loobie wrote:If that guy can get Ian Duncan on board at UW, then a home run will have been hit indeed!
He's not on the cc list from the email but 7 other fairly big names are. Is Ian Duncan the animal MS guy?
Dxd 1994 RRMS, 2008 SPMS
Climb on!
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

I'm not sure. My first introduction into MS was a friend of mine's brother who had a case of refractory RRMS; you know the kind you don't want. He want from diagnosis to death in 7 years. His family was very wealthy and they scoured the country for "the best" and he is where they landed. I've seen his name around when I was first researching MS and I'm not sure if he's the animal guy, just that he's a "MS heavyweight neuro".

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”