Haacke workshop

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Just added to Dr. Haacke's posting of the conference on his website:

This is for medical professionals only-

cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

mcmaster is where my neuro is located.. it would be fun to be a fly on the wall at this thing, maybe i can get my GP or my neuro to go :) and take video LOL
Bobbi
Family Member

Hamilton Conference

Post by Bobbi »

Any updates on the Hamilton meeting of the CCSVI great minds?
hwebb
Family Elder

Bingo!

Post by hwebb »

jimmylegs - I think a video is an excellent idea. There are a few doctors in the world with expertise in this area. To roll this expertise out efficiently, they need to train others to perform and interpret Dopplers and MRV's (train-the-trainer). I know the papers are available, and an "easy read" guide to performing Dopplers has been produced - but there's nothing like seeing it done.

Of course it would be best for professionals to attend the workshop...but it's impractical for professionals in the Southern Hemisphere (think Australia, NZ and alike) to fly to Canada for an afternoon of demonstrations and training. We're talking more than 24 hrs travel each way!

If you have contacts who will be at this workshop...please please please convince them to take a video !

Dr Haacke...I hope you're reading. You can get rid of the avalanche of pesky enquiries with a lovely video demonstration.

hwebb
CureIous
Family Elder

Re: Bingo!

Post by CureIous »

hwebb wrote:jimmylegs - I think a video is an excellent idea. There are a few doctors in the world with expertise in this area. To roll this expertise out efficiently, they need to train others to perform and interpret Dopplers and MRV's (train-the-trainer). I know the papers are available, and an "easy read" guide to performing Dopplers has been produced - but there's nothing like seeing it done.

Of course it would be best for professionals to attend the workshop...but it's impractical for professionals in the Southern Hemisphere (think Australia, NZ and alike) to fly to Canada for an afternoon of demonstrations and training. We're talking more than 24 hrs travel each way!

If you have contacts who will be at this workshop...please please please convince them to take a video !

Dr Haacke...I hope you're reading. You can get rid of the avalanche of pesky enquiries with a lovely video demonstration.

hwebb
In this day and age, just doing a simple worldwide netcast to other professionals isn't difficult and would yield 1000% results in a short amount of time.

M
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
Bobbi
Family Member

Haacke Workshop

Post by Bobbi »

I have made a contact with the Hamilton Spectator, the local newspaper. They are interested in knowing more about the workshop. Haacke's website has been the same for the passed week.
Does anyone have inside information?? or are things still being planned?
Some one please advise me.
Bobbi
ophelia

Dr. Haake seminar Feb 7

Post by ophelia »

If the facebook community could gather 10,000 people to protest the progogueing of Parliament, let's get the MS community together in a show of support and rally in Hamilton at St. Joseph's for Dr. Haake, Zamboni, Zivadinov and the rest of the CCSVI researchers. Avis Favro from CTV must know about this event and you have informed the local paper. Let's get lots of us and lots of press out.

Anyone interested?
Bobbi
Family Member

Thanks

Post by Bobbi »

Thanks for the contact Arcee
cheerleader
Family Elder

Re: Haacke Workshop

Post by cheerleader »

Bobbi wrote:I have made a contact with the Hamilton Spectator, the local newspaper. They are interested in knowing more about the workshop. Haacke's website has been the same for the passed week.
Does anyone have inside information?? or are things still being planned?
Some one please advise me.
Bobbi
the conference is for medical professionals only, on Sunday, Feb 7 from 1-6pm, at St. Joseph's in Hamilton. Speakers include Dr. Zamboni, Dr. Salvi, Dr. Dake, Dr. Zivadinov, Dr. Haacke
contact Brady Woods, director of public affairs,
bwood@stjoes.ca

conference will be videotaped and posted online
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Bobbi
Family Member

Post by Bobbi »

Thanks! Great news Cheer!
I hope we get a lot of coverage.
Bobbi
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Re: Haacke Workshop

Post by CureOrBust »

cheerleader wrote:conference will be videotaped and posted online
Its about time someone bought a video camera. :P I hope it ain't betamax...
Sotiris
Family Elder

Post by Sotiris »

The program of the workshop
It looks VERY interesting. New results are expected!
jay123
Family Elder

Post by jay123 »

At least they are going to finsih in time for the Super Bowl! LOL
TFau
Family Elder

Post by TFau »

I wonder how much they can accomplish in 5 hours? I hope if there is any kind of press or activism, it doesn't interrupt that precious collaboration and learning time.
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

The program is fantastic - with Simka now on board and Salvi too, and the Jordanian group, it will be extremely valueable. Plus Zivadanov hopefully will allude to the Buffalo findings.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”