Transcranbial Doppler Ultrasound

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
vicp11

Transcranbial Doppler Ultrasound

Post by vicp11 »

Is there anyobne in South Florida who is doing the Transcranial Doppler Ultrasound? Every medical institution that I have contactef have absolutely no idea of what I am talking about when I mention the Liberation Treatment or Zamboni Procedure.

Somebody please HELP!!!

Vic P [/b]
SaintLouis
Family Elder

Post by SaintLouis »

I think there is no one in the US with the correct doppler equipment to do a transcranial doppler. Hopefully someone will come along and say otherwise - that would be great news! - but I think that's why Dake is using MRV.
MarkW
Family Elder

Color Doppler Ultrasound in USA

Post by MarkW »

I would be amazed if ther are no Color Doppler Ultrasound machines in the USA. They are usually used for viewing blockages in the legs and varicose veins. Prof Zamboni has written a paper on how a sonograher should look for veins in the neck. His message was that it takes a lot of practise...........

MarkW
Mark Walker - Oxfordshire, England. Retired Industrial Pharmacist. 24 years of study about MS.
CCSVI Comments:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/8359854/MS-experts-in-Britain-have-to-open-their-minds.html
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

An idea . . .

A reputable, national company called Lifeline Screening uses color doppler (GE Logiq Pro 400) for non-diagnostic screenings of carotid arteries: www.lifelinescreening.com

Their description of their services:

"We provide community-based screening events, staffed by highly trained healthcare professionals. Our screenings take place in neighborhoods all over the contiguous United States in community centers, places of worship, senior centers, and corporations."

Their technologists will make note of any other problems found, but they need to be trained to see venous problems. Perhaps the company can be persuaded to offer (and charge for) screenings of veins according to CCSVI protocol.

And perhaps these screening results could be brought to vascular surgeons and interventional radiologists who might/could/would order further testing for venous stenosis.

Any ideas on how to contact them and what to say?

~HP
SaintLouis
Family Elder

Post by SaintLouis »

HappyPoet - what a great discovery you've made! If you're game to do it, I'd suggest crafting a letter to each of the executives on this page:

http://www.lifelinescreening.com/about- ... -team.aspx

Short and sweet that alerts them to Zamboni's study results, to the fact that major universities nationwide are right now scrambling to create proposals for study funds from the NMSS and that thousands upon thousands of patients with MS are currently searching high and low for a reputable and qualified place to have their veins tested by extra and trans cranial doppler per the Zamboni protocol. Hopefully they would see that it would be profitable for them (and beneficial for thousands) if they could meet this currently unmet medical need.

I'd snail mail the letters to their HQ:

Life Line Screening
Park Center Plaza II, Suite 200
6150 Oak Tree Blvd.
Independence, OH 44131

I think you are really on to a good idea, what better way to capitalize on equipment they already have (assuming it is the right equipment) with a built in patient base ready to go. And they're nationwide I think so very convenient for many.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

SaintLouis wrote:I think there is no one in the US with the correct doppler equipment to do a transcranial doppler. Hopefully someone will come along and say otherwise - that would be great news! - but I think that's why Dake is using MRV.
I would be ready to put a lot of money on the fact that you would.

I checked who makes ultrasound equipment (hillips), went to their web site, found which was their latest machine (which clearly stated it was capable of TCD), and then sent Phillips an email asking them who had purchased that machine, in my local area. They gave me 5 locations in Sydney I think, without expanding out to the suburbs.
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

SaintLouis,

Thank you so very much for your terrific input regarding the Lifelines idea. You've taken us one step closer to getting there. For the life of me, I couldn't find on their website the information you found.

I truly wish I had the brains and the stamina for taking the idea to the next step, but unfortunately, I don't -- at least not at this time as I'm battling a super bad exacerbation.

Maybe someone else will come along to pick up from where you've taken the idea. An important point is that training and quality assurance are top notch. I did send the company an email from their website explaining CCSVI and how they could capitalize on offering scans for veins; hopefully the email was sent up the chain of command.

Time will tell. Again, thank you for finding the info and giving your thoughts on the idea. I appreciate very much all your time and effort!

Best wishes, SaintLouis.

~HappyPoet