the provedure timing in Katowice, Poland

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

the provedure timing in Katowice, Poland

Postby MAREK » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:17 am

hello everyone ... am a 37-year old male from Poland ... SPMS-struck for 13 years .. EDSS at 6 ... went to dr T.Ludyga of EuroMedic in Katowice last week to have my neck veins checked ... one is apparantely blocked ... dr Zamboni's hypothesis must be thus positive to me ...hence my qualification for the eventual surgery at Katowice ... but only in 2 yrs'time ... why is this so far off, so late? do you know by any means?
MAREK

Advertisement

Dr Simka (Booked out)

Postby Badger » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:50 am

I believe Dr. Simka is fully booked until late 2011 or maybe even until 2012. If you check on this forum you will find more information. There is a Dr in Bulgaria who is carrying out the surgery: grozdinski@mail.bg. I have contacted him as Dr. Simka has told me that I should be seen some time in March. I know how busy he is though and the Dr in Bulgaria has said I should be seen in April.

Either way I hope to have the surgery fairly soon.

Good luck on your quest to be Liberated.
:D :D
<em>Badger
RRMS 2004</em>
Appt Katowice 23/24th March
Badger
Family Elder

Re: the provedure timing in Katowice, Poland

Postby ErikaSlovakia » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:08 am

MAREK wrote:hello everyone ... am a 37-year old male from Poland ... SPMS-struck for 13 years .. EDSS at 6 ... went to dr T.Ludyga of EuroMedic in Katowice last week to have my neck veins checked ... one is apparantely blocked ... dr Zamboni's hypothesis must be thus positive to me ...hence my qualification for the eventual surgery at Katowice ... but only in 2 yrs'time ... why is this so far off, so late? do you know by any means?

Hi Marek!
Try Dr. Kostecki in Tychy.
kosteckj@op.pl
Good luck!
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Postby costumenastional » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:23 am

Marek, look at the positive side, it is good news you have a blocked veins!
If you have the pictures that show the problem in hand it should be fairly easy to find an endovascular surgeon to perform the liberatin procedure on you.
The most important part which is getting diagnosed is done.

Good luck.
costumenastional
Family Elder

Postby Ana » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:01 am

I guess Dr. Simka is looking for a second hospital to do the procedure, too. Then the waiting times would improve. I think that it's only a matter of time till you have more hospitals doing the procedure in more Polish towns and I'll enjoy the anger of the German neuros when they loose their patients. I hope there will be dozens of hospitals offering the procedure in Poland and dozens of "MS hospitals" in Germany closing their gates on account of lack of patients. :wink:

Ana
Ana
Family Member

Postby MAREK » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:04 am

hello again ... thank you all mates for the comments submitted so far ... yes, this waiting for the procedure to end feels so frustrating ... but the idea of new CCSVI centres/hospitals soon springing up in more places here does sound interesting and worthy ... bye
MAREK

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)