CCSVI treatment and migraine..any difference after treatment

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Brightspot
Family Elder

CCSVI treatment and migraine..any difference after treatment

Post by Brightspot »

I am curious about the frequent coexhistance of migraine and M.S.,and was wondering if anyone who has been treated for CCSVI has experienced any change in pattern of migraine headaches. Just wondering...
Quest56
Family Elder

Re: CCSVI treatment and migraine..any difference after treat

Post by Quest56 »

Brightspot wrote:I am curious about the frequent coexhistance of migraine and M.S.,and was wondering if anyone who has been treated for CCSVI has experienced any change in pattern of migraine headaches. Just wondering...
Brightspot,
No change so far, the migraines begin to return after a few days if I discontinue the daily medication I take to prevent them (480mg verapamil). Last time I tried to wean myself off verapamil was in early November, two months after I was treated for CCSVI. Not sure if and when I'll try this again. The pain can be unbearable, and the preventative med has been working for me now for just over two years.

--Tracy
CCSVI Procedure 9/16/2009 at Stanford
Stent in left and right IJVs
SPMS
Copaxone
Former Ampyra User
Regular Botox Bladder Injections
300mg d-Biotin / day
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Brightspot,
My migraines were helped with the CCSVI treatment. I stopped Topamax and haven't had much trouble at all. I have had headaches, but they are mild now and were caused by the nerve damage.
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.