I'm going to poland january 2011

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
cinder21
Family Member

I'm going to poland january 2011

Post by cinder21 »

Dear TIMS, what a moment it was when i got that e-mail. Got this huge dose of adrenalin and endorphine...What a high....I am a little worried however about people not getting the 2nd e-mail with further details but i am so enthused at this point. I never thought i'd get it
22 yr old male located in the caribbean. Suffering with MS like symptoms from early 2008 with multiple relapses under my belt with optic neuritis. Not dx'd as yet however. Hope is to ultimately be tested for CCSVI
AnnaP
Family Elder

Post by AnnaP »

Hi Cinder21

I'm so happy for you. I know what that means for you, it's better than winning the lottery! :D :) :D :D :D :D
A little curious, when did you send your email? I hope I can experience the same joy, soon!
Anna
cinder21
Family Member

Post by cinder21 »

That was over one month ago, i never thought i'd get through cuz people who sent the email after mine were getting through.
22 yr old male located in the caribbean. Suffering with MS like symptoms from early 2008 with multiple relapses under my belt with optic neuritis. Not dx'd as yet however. Hope is to ultimately be tested for CCSVI
hannakat
Family Elder

Congrats!

Post by hannakat »

That's the kind of news that can keep you from sleeping! Seems like a long time but it'll go fast.

I'm new and want to ask if you have to send any specific information to Dr. Simka in order to be considered for the treatment. Thanks and GOOD LUCK!
cinder21
Family Member

Post by cinder21 »

This is what i sent:

I would like to be put on your waiting list for testing and treatment for my CCSVI. I am a multiple sclerosis patient seeking your help please. Any response would be greatly appreciated.
?? ? ??

and the reply like everyone else:

Hello,

You are in the waiting list for "the liberation operation". The estimated time of the procedure is January 2011.

We will do our best to make the treatment possible earlier, but actually we receive more requests than we can manage in a proper time.

I will send you detailed information regarding date, payments etc. in a proper time

The hospital is in Katowice, the nearby airports are in Katowice and Krakow.

You should plan at least 7-days long stay in Poland (at least 3 days postop)You will get all necessary prescriptions and instructions how to use medications, as well as if and when to come for a follow-up (all these depends on the type of operation and patient's characteristics). In brief, postoperatively you should stay in the hospital overnight. The operation will not affect your mobility (it is only small puncture in the groin and nearly no pain).

We perform either balloning, or stenting, depending on particular characteristics of venous occlusion. Balloon angioplasty seems safer (lower probability of thrombotic event), but the possibility of restenosis is very high (~50%), so we prefer stenting, on condition that anatomic localization and characteristics of a planned stent looks safe. Anyway, in a case of doubt, we perform safer procedure (ballooning).

Best regards

Marian Simka, MD
Paccolina

Post by Paccolina »

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, loving it, it's very educational for me :D

Cinder21, very glad to read about your good news, thumbs up for dr. Simka's response!

Best wishes from Bosnia! :wink:
MurielC
Family Member

Post by MurielC »

Hi Cinder21

thanks for giving the timescale you had - I sincerely hope all goes well for you. Keep us updated!

Did you get any tests done at home before going to Dr Simka?

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”