The Zamboni Myth?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Postby Sotiris » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:27 am

Boreas wrote:[...]
Sotiris, thank you for the links. Unfortunately no post adresses my concern regarding the image depicting the venous system and Dr. Rose's comment that "Veins are normally tortuous with bulbous dilations". I mean, this is a key question indeed.
I agree with you that this is a valid concern. Maybe you will find this discussion interesting.
Sotiris
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Billmeik » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:41 am

rather than dismiss all this I think its important to look at it point by point and respond to the logical arguments. Some of it is just 'skeptical faith' and hysteria but the lagoic needs to be looked at point by point and respoded to.
Billmeik
Family Elder

Postby Boreas » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:05 am

Sotiris wrote:I agree with you that this is a valid concern. Maybe you will find this discussion interesting.

Thanks, this helps a bit further. My concern is that maybe without proper ultrasound testing, MRI images are not as valid as I thought they would be. Couldn't it be that you do have bulbous jugulars with lots of collateral veins that do look like they were stenosed, but you have to have the proof of a venous reflux to be sure? And does the Haacke protocol alone provide information about flow direction?
Boreas
Family Member

Postby Sotiris » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:09 am

Boreas wrote:[...]And does the Haacke protocol alone provide information about flow direction?
Yes because Haacke's protocol has a part for flow quantification (FQ) to look for reflux.
Sotiris
Family Elder

Postby cheerleader » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:13 am

Rose is an older cardiologist. He never learned angioplasty, and he doesn't like it. He's a curmudgeon, a grumpy old man, and he believes he knows better than advancing medical science. His "facts" are all wrong. He never read any of the science I sent him. (I addressed every one of his points, he never printed my responses or medical papers...just mocks me.)

He fights those who practice angioplasty on the internet. That's all it is. He blows thru his pie whole on a blog. It's a bully pulpit. Please ignore him. Giving him any attention is unwarranted.

Real doctors don't have time to blog.
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
cheerleader
Family Elder

Postby Jugular » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Hey Cheer! If you still have your response handy and can paste it, I'd be interested in reading it.

Jug
Jugular
Family Elder

Postby acol » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:10 pm

For my part I have been fully satisfied by the responses of all those people who have contributed so generously to the various threads devoted to this subject. When I first read his website it was glaringly obvious that he had an ax to grind. It was just that I had difficulty initially determining his motives. Thank you Cheer for providing the biggest clue. He is clearly 'past his sell by date' and has not kept abreast of modern procedures. A potentially dangerous man to the uninformed. A dinosaur and best to leave him to his own little protected world where gullible people might be impressed by his outdated CV.
Nigel
acol
Family Elder

Previous

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)