Details for a visit to Poland!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ClaireParry
Family Elder

Details for a visit to Poland!

Post by ClaireParry »

Hi,

I'm off to Poland on the 8th of Feb and just received this info from Dr Simka:

Doppler - 9th Feb, 10.00 address: Katowice ul.Rolna 18
MRV - 9th Feb, 15.00 address: Zabrze ul. 3 Maja 13

We are staying at the Novotel Katowice Centrum. Does anybody know how far the Doppler address is from the hotel? Is it a cab ride? I can't walk very far now. I know Zabrze is a drive away.

Thanks. I'm sure the lovely people in Poland will help but it's nice to be prepared!!

Claire
thisisalex
Family Elder

Post by thisisalex »

<shortened url>

i put all three adress into google maps, you can watch the distance to the left
this is by car, but you can switch to walking mode, just below the addresses

you even can switch to satellite view at the top right corner

alex
ClaireParry
Family Elder

Post by ClaireParry »

Doh!! :roll: I should have thought of that!! Thanks Alex.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

you could maybe even go on google earth and get a street view. if there isn't one, maybe whoever is there next can take some images and tack them onto google earth.
INONU
Getting to Know You...

glad for you

Post by INONU »

Dear claireparry

Very glad for you and hope all the best for the future.How it is possible to have an appointment with Dr SIMKA.
Be lucky
Richardk
Family Member

Re: Details for a visit to Poland!

Post by Richardk »

ClaireParry wrote:Hi,

I'm off to Poland on the 8th of Feb and just received this info from Dr Simka:

Doppler - 9th Feb, 10.00 address: Katowice ul.Rolna 18
MRV - 9th Feb, 15.00 address: Zabrze ul. 3 Maja 13

We are staying at the Novotel Katowice Centrum. Does anybody know how far the Doppler address is from the hotel? Is it a cab ride? I can't walk very far now. I know Zabrze is a drive away.

Thanks. I'm sure the lovely people in Poland will help but it's nice to be prepared!!

Claire
Claire...did you receive an email from Tomasz Ludyga, changing cost of operation as well as including some accommodation, and asking for money up front? Two of us have, and are trying to determine if its genuine or a hoax, see thread.."payment request, is it real?"

Richard
markofc
Getting to Know You...

Post by markofc »

Novotel Aleja Walentego Ro¼dzieñskiego 18 str
to
Rolna 18 str

Is 9,5km about 5,9 mil it is necessary to ride taxi
this is 13 min / a car

map

Greetings
ClaireParry
Family Elder

Post by ClaireParry »

markofc - thank you very much. I appreciate the information.

richardk - This email came direct from Dr Simka, I have been in contact with him since before christmas. There was no request for money upfront. I have read the thread you are referring to and it does look extremely suspect!!

Claire
Brynn
Family Elder

Post by Brynn »

Hi Claire, I am very excited for you! I just had the procedure done last Thursday! :D Two things, firstly, there is no way that these doctors would be expecting money UP Front! They are way too busy to be acting as travel agents and they actually will give you two weeks to pay for the treatment, let alone paying upfront. Secondly, I will write about this more in my last section of my trip thread but the actual procedure is NOT done at that address at ul.Rolna 18. We had the taxi driver take us there and while it IS the Euroclinic, they then sent us to this hospital, which is where the doctors are and the actual procedure took place. So save yourself the trouble of sending your taxi away and then having to call another one! :D Sorry I did not get the address but everyone here recognized the name of the hospital. It was about 5 minutes from the Rolna location. GEOWACKIEGO SZPITAL MSWIA It will be exciting to read your follow up when you are done! :D Take care, Brynn
41 years old, dx 1998, current EDSS 6.5
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

Brynn wrote:Sorry I did not get the address but everyone here recognized the name of the hospital. It was about 5 minutes from the Rolna location. GEOWACKIEGO SZPITAL MSWIA It will be exciting to read your follow up when you are done! :D Take care, Brynn
The exact name of the street is: Bartosza Glowackiego 10 - EuroMedic - the place where you have your procedure.
Ground floor, when you enter, just turn right and the big glass door is the entrance to the small department.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
Pepe
Family Elder

Post by Pepe »

Hi Claire,

Novotel is 600 mts. from Qubus Hotel where we stayed at last week. We returned home yesterday nigth. To go from Novotel to the other 3 places you have to get a taxi. Prices? Novotel-Hospital, 20 slotys aprox.; Hospital-Doppler, 20 slotys aprox.; Novotel-Doppler, 25 slotys aprox. Novotel-MRV, 75 slotys aprox. Here you are the phones to call for a taxi: +48 032 300 00 00 and +48 032 203 77 77. The problem is to pronounce correctly the polish adresses where you are ...so I suggest you to do what a did: ask the people in the Hospital, Doppler place and MRV place call for a taxi for you. Do not worry about it... it is usual for them to do this... All of them were so kind... No problem at all...
Pepe.
María was Dx RRMS 1996. SPMS since 2003; Dx CCSVI by Dr. Simka on Dec.-2009; Balloon angioplasty on Jan.-2010 in Katowice (Poland); Betaseron (2000-2009); Tysabri since June 2009. BBD since 2003. IBT since Jan.-2010.
Pepe
Family Elder

Re: Details for a visit to Poland!

Post by Pepe »

Claire...did you receive an email from Tomasz Ludyga, changing cost of operation as well as including some accommodation, and asking for money up front? Two of us have, and are trying to determine if its genuine or a hoax, see thread.."payment request, is it real?"Richard
OMG... Sorry, but I do not believe it. Last week we have been there doing the procedure... and I had to pay....of course...but after the procedure...not before... and the price was the correct one... Do not let someone swindle (rip of...) you.
María was Dx RRMS 1996. SPMS since 2003; Dx CCSVI by Dr. Simka on Dec.-2009; Balloon angioplasty on Jan.-2010 in Katowice (Poland); Betaseron (2000-2009); Tysabri since June 2009. BBD since 2003. IBT since Jan.-2010.
Richardk
Family Member

Post by Richardk »

The plot thickens...I received an email from Dr S, with his correct email address, stating that I am scheduled for treatment and op on Feb 10....a bolt out of the blue, as I was expecting August...it also says to confirm app't by responding to Dr Ludyga's email (asking for money upfront, increased cost, and accommodation included)...so perhaps Alby and I are the first under the new arrangements

Richard
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Does the e-mail actually ask for money upfront or is it a price list telling you how much you will have to pay??? You can't pay upfront as you don't yet know what treatment you will be having.....(stents/balloons)
ClaireParry
Family Elder

Post by ClaireParry »

It does sound really suspect. I wonder if there is a way to use his email addess and have it re-directed elsewhere?

Is anybody else due out there soon to ask him??

He certainly HAS NOT asked for money upfront.

Pepe - thanks, that info is really helpful.

Claire

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”