Transverse dural sinus

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
berriesarenice
Family Member

Transverse dural sinus

Post by berriesarenice »

While waiting on Poland, I managed a standard (not proper protocol) MRV. I know this is not the end of my vein story, but it did show a completely occluded (or very near) left transverse dural sinus. Also, the left jugular was "small." The interventional neuroradiologist guessed it was 1/4 the size it should be, but couldn't be certain from the picture and said virtually all my drainage was taking place on the right side. He was ready to set me up for an angiogram based on the MRV, but following our discussion, he is getting up to speed on CCSVI first. I welcome any thoughts on the significance of the sinus blockage related to CCSVI. I recall Melissa's was quite stenosed but Dake thought it was too risky to treat, but that's my only reference point. Not sure if collateral veins work fine when they are bypassing the sinus, but just not in the jugs? I'm also curious about a jugular that is small all the way down, rather that having a specific stenosed point. To my untrained eye, the picture of my veins looked like the entire left side was atrophied or shriveled up compared to the right. I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks
costumenastional
Family Elder

Post by costumenastional »

I wish i could be some help here...

But it all sounds interesting and any feedback would be more than appreciated.
IbRiz
Family Member

Post by IbRiz »

berriesarenice - when I was in Poland for a scan by dr Simka, he told me that my internal left jugular was almost completely collapsed. He said, that it could be, that it was just very narrow, but more likely it would assume its right size if I had a balloon/stent inserted in the lower part of the left internal jugular, where it connects to the brachiocephalic vein.

I have not had the operation yet, so I don't know if he was right :-)

christian
RRMS Dx'd 2009
berriesarenice
Family Member

Post by berriesarenice »

IbRiz wrote:berriesarenice - when I was in Poland for a scan by dr Simka, he told me that my internal left jugular was almost completely collapsed. He said, that it could be, that it was just very narrow, but more likely it would assume its right size if I had a balloon/stent inserted in the lower part of the left internal jugular, where it connects to the brachiocephalic vein.

I have not had the operation yet, so I don't know if he was right :-)

christian
Thanks, Christian. That is encouraging.

One more thing, does anyone know if I should be sleeping on one side or the other with all my drainage happening on the right? Yes, I've got Andrew's tippy bed thing going, but if left side/right side preference might make a difference in helping blood get out, I can add that to my crazy set-up as well.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”