2.5 L fluid intake requirement

A forum to discuss the Coimbra Protocol which uses high-dose vitamin D3 to treat multiple sclerosis.

2.5 L fluid intake requirement

Postby mrtmeo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:27 am

I was wondering how folks manage to maintain the 2.5 L fluid intake requirement daily.
Do you have a 2.5L bottle that you drink from?
Do you take sips every 10 minutes?
Any tips or tricks for the elderly that forget to drink?
Mother on Rituximab and prednisone for Microscopic Polyangiitis which attacked the kidneys and lungs.
25(OH) 49 ng/mL
PTH 73 (range 10-65 pg/mL)
stage 4 ckd
Emphysema
Not on the Coimbra Protocol yet
mrtmeo
Family Member

Advertisement

Re: 2.5 L fluid intake requirement

Postby ElliotB » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:44 am

I am not familiar with this 'rule of 2.5l per day rule but I think equally as important to volume is water quality - tap water is typically treated and chlorinated and may have other unwanted substances in it aside from chlorine like lead, nitrates and other contaminants. A good drinking water filtration system is highly recommended (there are some systems which add beneficial minerals back to the water after filtration). A whole house system will remove basic larger particles and more importantly chlorine so when you take a shower, your body will not absorb chlorine through your skin or breath in chlorine 'fumes' created by the spray of the shower head and heat of the water if you are fortunate enough to be able to take hot, steamy showers.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Postby AntonioBR » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:22 pm

mrtmeo wrote:I was wondering how folks manage to maintain the 2.5 L fluid intake requirement daily.
Do you have a 2.5L bottle that you drink from?
Do you take sips every 10 minutes?
Any tips or tricks for the elderly that forget to drink?

mrtmeo,

My brother and my mother faced the same problem. They use a blender bottle like this one below. It helps a lot remember to drink 2.5 ~ 3 liters of water per day. It has a capacity of 28 ounces (828ml).

Hence, they drink one bottle in the morning, one in the afternoon and another one at night.

AntonioBR
Family Elder

Postby HUD45 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:32 am

Hi. I am on the Coimbra protocol and I do a similar thing. I just make sure I drink 3-4 mason jars of filtered water every day.

HUD
HUD45
Family Member

Postby tzootsi » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:17 am

I don't think it all has to be water - tea, juice, etc also counts.
tzootsi
Family Elder

Return to Coimbra High-Dose Vitamin D Protocol