Copaxone and LDN

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone
Beebee

Copaxone and LDN

Post by Beebee »

I'm on Copaxone and am interested in trying LDN. Is anyone on both? Is it OK to take both?
Thanks!
VickiG

copaxone and LDN

Post by VickiG »

BeeBee,
I'm taking both copaxone and LDN. My neurologist prescribed LDN when I requested it. He has other patients also taking it. I go to St. Luke's Neuroscience Center in Milwaukee, WI. My neurologist is Bhupendra Khatri. He and the Center are nationally known. ( He is one of the major researchers for plasma pharesis.) I haven't had any real problems with the combination. I think that the LDN has helped my fatigue a little and also has improved my balance and walking ability.
One word of caution: My local compounding pharmacy attempted to charge me $65.00 until I told them that LDN was available on the internet for $25. They reduced their price.

Good luck to you.
Vicki
cleo
Getting to Know You...

LDN and Copaxone

Post by cleo »

I have been on Copaxone sine 4/98 and have just started LDN. since Copaxone is an artificial protein and LDN is an opiate blocker, there shouldn't be any problem. My neuro prescribed the LDN and knows my history with Copaxone.
Beebee

Post by Beebee »

Thanks Cleo and VickiG,
I'm in Ireland and LDN is not licensed here so I'm on my own if I take it! I can get it (I think) so I'm going to give it a try anyway. Thanks for the advice!
Beebee