Teva/SharedSolutions assistance program

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone
diddypc

Teva/SharedSolutions assistance program

Post by diddypc »

My wife lost her job a couple months ago, thus our insurance. My works insurance won't kick in for another 30 days. I ran out of Copaxone a month ago, and have sent the required papers to Shared Solutions. But they keep saying it's in process and waiting on a decision for a month now. I haven't been feeling well this last week, so I'm worried, and it's causing me extra stress. Anyone have any suggestions to speed this process up with them? They've really let us down on this one after being a Copaxone user for 2 years now, and paying regularly.
coffeeandpie

Re: Teva/SharedSolutions assistance program

Post by coffeeandpie »

Sorry to hear. Besides continuing to try with them, check to see if there's a public hospital near you that sees a number of patients who are poor or lack insurance. Or just any hospital period, that may have a program set up in their neuro clinic. They may be able to set you up with them again through a program for people who have low househpld incomes and are uninsured. If you qualify you'll pay little . You, I think, have to make below a certain amount and be uninsured to qualify. You'll need to supply tax returns and information. You'll need to check with the hospital(s) for specifics. Good luck. I'll try to tell you more if I find a few things, but check and see.
diddypc

Post by diddypc »

Thankyou for your reply! I know a fellow MS patient near me, she is trying to help out as well. I'm so frustrated cause Teva touts this assistance program, but because of red tape, and such, they really don't get it done. Being a provider of medicine for such a disease, surely they know that time is not on the side of the patient without. Sad cause I'm sure many others are in the same situation. I would think with the price that is charged for the product, something better could be in place. I'm just venting, I apologize. Thankyou again.
coffeeandpie

Post by coffeeandpie »

No problem, and you're welcome. This will make you vent a lot. :) So don't worry about it. Hope things look better now. I would have been lost without a doctor setting it up for me. See about programs for the uninsured. Or again, see about a public hospital in your area. Good luck!
its2much
Getting to Know You...

Post by its2much »

Hi! Just wondering, and hoping, if you were successful in getting financial assistance for your Copaxone?
diddypc

Post by diddypc »

I did finally and thanks a ton to all who responded to my post! I got on the assistance program fianally and got a years supply. Now that I have a new job and my insurance will be kicking in, barring the pre-existing condition thing, I should be back my regular scheduled co-pay and shipment within a year from now. Thanks to all again for the support!