Copaxone side effects

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone

Re: Copaxone side effects

Postby NHE » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:17 am

llaudal wrote:Hello - Started COPAXONE about three weeks ago - no official MS diagnosis but taking proactively due to a lesion found on my spine. First three injections went perfectly. The night of the fourth injection I had to go to the ER for a terrible migraine (which I NEVER get), nausea, vomiting and chills. I was panicked and my neuro told me to take a week off. Well I went to see him yesterday and he was adamant that it was not a reaction to the meds so they injected me in the office and I was fine for about three hours and then the severe nausea struck again. He STILL didn't think it was due to the meds but this is not a normal occurrence for me! I'm otherwise a healthy, 34 yr old mom to two boys. I can't help but think the COPAXONE is causing these side effects but it's hard to challenge a leading MS doc! Help!

Welcome to ThisIsMS. Please see the full prescribing information for Copaxone.

In section 6.1 it lists the side effects that were observed during the drug's clinical trials. There was a slight increase in the incidence of nausea, i.e., from 11% in the placebo group to 15% in the Copaxone group (a 36% increase). Also see section 6.2 which discusses the postmarketing side effects. There is a notation about stomach ulcers and eructation (belching). Your side effects may very well be due to Copaxone.
Volunteer Moderator

Return to Copaxone