Is it the Copaxone?

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone
Ptwo
Family Member

Is it the Copaxone?

Post by Ptwo »

I'm not ready to bring out the marching bands yet but I got a bit of good news yesterday when my neuro's office called to tell me the results of the mri I had last week. There has been no change since my last mri 30 months ago or any change from the one I had 4 years ago for that matter.

Does this mean that the Copaxone I've been on for 42 months (including the last 6 of every other day) is actually having an effect or is it just an extended remission. Whatever the reason it's nice to hear that there are no new lesion's and no further atrophy and the old lesions have at least stayed the same.

Maybe this news doesn't deserve the brass band treatment, but a couple people with kazoo's would be ok.

Peter
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

oh you're getting more than a kazoo... fantastic news.

Now the questions: Have you FELT any progression during these past 4 years? Some people theorize that RR can progress even without lesions, so your answer to that question will be very revealing.

Also, since you've going to every other day application, have you noticed any changes positive or negative?
Ptwo
Family Member

Post by Ptwo »

I've felt no progression, actually I've been going through a very slow recovery from a 3 month long exacerbation in 2000. My symptoms flair if I overdue it or get overheated like most folks.

As far as the every other day goes, I feel the same, I've seen no difference yet. I am enjoying the days off and this way I only have to put out for my 20% copay every other month.

Peter