Copaxone Sting Reduction Technique: A Personal Breakthough

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone

Postby mstshirts » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:42 pm

Being a maintenance drug it's hard for me to say I started out with nasty symptoms see here - http://www.squidoo.com/mstshirts . I came back and have not relapsed. I don't know if I can credit this to Copaxone or not.

As a leap of faith I'd have to say it has helped me to stay stable. In my MS chapter I have spoken to many people it has helped.

So I say stay on it till someone proves otherwise
mstshirts.com
mstshirts
Getting to Know You...

Advertisement

Postby burntsienna » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:27 pm

just read through this. I'm about to start Copaxone next Monday, and am very nervous about all this stinging I hear about. I'm also very worried about lipoatrophy. What I've read says that you shouldn't massage a site you've injected into for at least 24 hours, because doing so could increase the risk of lipo.
burntsienna
Family Member

copaxone injections

Postby sdtbftone1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:48 pm

I was DX w/RRMS October 2000. This is the third time I have been on copaxone.

I have had site reactions/discomfort/'knotting since I started. I did have my needle gauge on 8-9. But to-nite, after reading one of the posts, I changed it to 6-7 and injected at an angle, and it produced a pretty gig lump. I press a cold pack against it till it goes away. However, I wonder if it's a choice of shallower depth and big bumps, or deeper at angle and site discomfort for 20-30, minutes, but no bumps. Anybody have any suggestions :roll: :roll:
sdtbftone1

Re: copaxone injections

Postby patientx » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:53 pm

sdtbftone1 wrote:I was DX w/RRMS October 2000. This is the third time I have been on copaxone.

I have had site reactions/discomfort/'knotting since I started. I did have my needle gauge on 8-9. But to-nite, after reading one of the posts, I changed it to 6-7 and injected at an angle, and it produced a pretty gig lump. I press a cold pack against it till it goes away. However, I wonder if it's a choice of shallower depth and big bumps, or deeper at angle and site discomfort for 20-30, minutes, but no bumps. Anybody have any suggestions :roll: :roll:

Doesn't sound like any good options, but I would think it's probably good to avoid the bumps. A few times I injected too shallow at an angle and got these; one time it was so shallow, the medicine started leaking out of my skin.

Have you ever tried the autoinjector?
patientx
Family Elder

Re: Copaxone Sting Reduction Technique – A Personal Breakt

Postby Maryam » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:22 pm

Thank you for posting. I'll give it a try.
Maryam

Previous

Return to Copaxone