Pain after shot

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Copaxone
patientx
Family Elder

Pain after shot

Post by patientx »

I'm wondering if anyone experiences pain after a Copaxone shot. Not the normal bee-sting type feeling. Occasionally, after I give myself a shot, I get a sharp pain, which will become a dull ache, and it usually lasts at least a day. I got it again last night after injecting into my abdomen. It was pretty painful, and is still tender this morning. I don't think it was because I hit a nerve or muscle, since the reaction wasn't immediate. This seldom happens, though I've only been at this for 2 months.
RedSonja
Family Elder

Post by RedSonja »

I've had that happen when I hit a muscle. Wow, I felt like I had been kicked by a horse!

When I inject in the abdomen with the injector, I take a good fold and inject into it, never directly into that area. I know it says not to, but maybe my fat layer is not as fat as I think.
Bibo ergo sum
daverestonvirginia
Family Elder

Post by daverestonvirginia »

I have had times where I did something, maybe hit too much muscle and have had a long lasting pain. I seemed to have the most trouble when injecting in to my arms, so I quit using my arms. Maybe that was not the correct choice, but that is what I did. I know they want you to make sure you use all the possible locations. Taking copaxone for three years now.
patientx
Family Elder

Post by patientx »

Danke (that's about all the German I remember).

It must be because I'm hitting a nerve or muscle, since it only happens occasionally.

On a different topic, do you guys rotate within each injection site? I re-read the copaxone handout the other nigh, and saw the nice diagram they give, with all the spots you're supposed to use on each area of the body.