Single Patient Needs Advice

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
Ruby

Single Patient Needs Advice

Post by Ruby »

I am single, living by myself. I have demyelinating disorder. I browsed the treatment forum and the stories scared the hell out of me. How can a single person handle the types of treatments that have so much side effects? Could you give me some advice?

A friend of mine sent me to the doctor's office for the spinal tap procedure. she was nice but she has her own life/job to deal with. I have other friends who offer help. But if this is going to be an ongoing treatment, i cannot count on them forever.

I am still working but very struggling. Feeling very fatigue all the time.

Any advice would be appreciated!
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

Poor you, my heart goes out to you.

How is your illness right now? Hopefully it is manageable and the idea of being ill is worse than the reality.

You have to take each day as it comes, and don't give up hope. And if anything is troubling you I'm sure you can find plenty of support here.

I would look into high dose vitamin D3 treatment, although this is not so important now, in summer, providing you are getting plenty of direct exposure to it.

I would also look into the CCSVI forum, and CCSVI testing and treatment.

All the best!
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

thank you for your post. i just got diagnosed. Have not yet started treatment. High dose D3 does not work for me. I develop adrenaline rush at night which causes insomnia.
L
Family Elder

Post by L »

Ruby wrote:thank you for your post. i just got diagnosed. Have not yet started treatment. High dose D3 does not work for me. I develop adrenaline rush at night which causes insomnia.
What a shame. High doses of D3 have been shown to effectively prevent relapses.