tired

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Why ponder, it doesn't change things.
it dosen't so many things you think about
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
munchkin
Family Elder

Post by munchkin »

That's quite the experience with trying things, I feel like a newbie.

We really can't spend a lot of time thinking about the what ifs, the time we have is too short (this applies to everyone, you never know when s**t will happen). There are too many variables with this disease to know that if we had done something different we might not be as disabled.

There are people in our lives who we need and who we want to be connected with, this is where our thoughts should linger. I have a hard time with this because I worry about what is going to happen next. My husband and son want me here and now, I try to hang on to that.

The medical community doesn't really understand much about MS, they are locked into a box as far as research goes. Time might change this and as more pwMS look for answers it might be forced on the researchers.

Has anyone taken anti-depressants?
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Has anyone taken anti-depressants?
always thinking of trying them have a script waiting at the pharmacy just figure unless they help me move better how can they fix my depression. smoking pot helps
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
munchkin
Family Elder

Post by munchkin »

Does the pot help with movement or just depression?
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Does the pot help with movement or just depression?
the movement, less spasticity which helps the mood
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
maynaka
Family Elder

Post by maynaka »

I've never used anti-depressants.

Tried pot a few times, just felt light headed, which made me feel too dizzy to walk, kind of defeated the purpose! I only took a few hits so I knew it wasn't too much.
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

feel too dizzy to walk,
when you can't walk it dosen't really matter pot takes the reality out of this f.....d up situation
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
maynaka
Family Elder

Post by maynaka »

Sorry, I should have clarified...I would get so lightheaded the room moved even before I stood up.

I feel I have more control over things with a couple glasses of red wine (this from the woman who use to drink straight scotch). :lol:
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

out of all the pharmacutical drugs that doctors have no problem prescribing you i have a hard time accepting the taboo that goes along with pot if someone gets stonnned and it helps in anyway with there medical condition how is that not a good thing
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
munchkin
Family Elder

Post by munchkin »

I tried pot a couple of times, the very first time I had energy galore and could walk easier. I was sure I had found my relief. That effect only lasted for about 3 days. Then it just put me to sleep, which wasn't a bad thing.

Red wine seems to work the best for me as well. I have to limit it to one or two glasses now, but I can function.

It really does seem hypocritical when pot really doesn't have a lot of bad side effects. This is our good puritan history coming into play. Europe is so much more open.
maynaka
Family Elder

Post by maynaka »

What is a joke is that in some states it is legal for "medicinal purposes" and in others it is not. I saw a documentary about how right after it was legal in California thousands of young healthy adults suddenly had back problems and need weed for the pain!

Its not the forum but I wanted to take a moment to thank those who gave their lives so we could live the way we do!

Happy Memorial Day!

M
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

its a beautiful day really hot to hot even in the shade so lets not enjoy that either
its a beautiful day though
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
munchkin
Family Elder

Post by munchkin »

We have rain showers and a slightly chilly 12 C. Just a little too chilly for me, I need some sun and about 20 C then it seems that my hands and feet warm up and I don't feel like I need to wear fleece.

Everyone I've talked to is still waiting for spring to finally arrive in Manitoba. Between flooding and bringing back hockey teams it really is time for some nice mild weather. I'm waiting for ice cream cone weather and we aren't getting much of it here.
maynaka
Family Elder

Post by maynaka »

I'm not sure what it translates into but it's 94 here with a heat index of 97.

In the 90s tomorrow and then 70s the rest of the week.

The air has been cranked up for days. I'm really looking forward to opening the windows.

M
munchkin
Family Elder

Post by munchkin »

That doesn't even need translating, that's just plain hot and it sounds really humid.

I think that's in the above 30 C range, but I'm really from the old school and I relate better to Fahrenheit, inches, and pounds.

Return to “Daily Life”