tired

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
munchkin
Family Elder

Post by munchkin »

Robbie,

Did you read the thread about H. Pylori infection. That's the stomach ulcer bacteria, maybe you need different antibiotics for real sustained healing.

Do your Dr's help at all with some of these treatments? My neuro basically said to bad so sad, can't help you with anything.
munchkin
Family Elder

Post by munchkin »

robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

thanks munchkin do you think thats why antibiotics seem to help me , whether or not it's this or one of the hundreds of other things it could be.Maybe something inside of me if left to run wild(no antiobiotics) causes me to feel so shitty, both phiysically and in my head(fog,depression)I googled H Pylori as well and saw depression come up a few times.I have stopped antiobiotics completly twice for two weeks at a time since i finished doing the IV antiobiotics and i crash, i feel like i'm not present(really hard to explain) I sound crazy but i just don't know.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
munchkin
Family Elder

Post by munchkin »

Hi Robbie

This is the 2nd time tying, hit the wrong key and lost everything.

There might be an issue with a bacteria, it seems that it really helped your symptoms. Has your Dr said why the IV antibiotics were stopped and if you can go back on that regime?

Depression can be caused by many things and when you are sick (say with a bacterial infection) it might become very pronounced, I think any long-term illness has that potential. When I was on Betaseron I got extremely depressed and was unable to feel part of anything. I have never felt that way since, but think I might understand a little of how you feel. No matter the cause, depression can make life seem unbearable. Those of us with MS have a lot to be depressed about without help from drugs or bugs.

Is it possible for your Dr to do some tests for Lyme or H Pylori and see if a different regime of antibiotics would help?
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

i have wondered about suicide and thought how do people that are physically healthy do it how do you get that down even though you can do anything you want, how could anything be that bad except just existing and not living
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
munchkin
Family Elder

Post by munchkin »

I guess people have different ideas about what makes life intolerable. Seems that people who aren't physically ill depression is the most common reason. It's hard to see outside the dark when you are so totally immersed in the feeling.

This is why I think all avenues must be explored prior to making a permanent decision. Because suicide is the most permanent thing a person can do and the people who love you are left with the aftermath of that decision.

My thoughts about the physical act of taking your own life are confusing. If I reached the point in my life where I believed it would be more beneficial I don't think I could actually do the physical act. It would terrify me and I couldn't ask someone I loved to do something like that. Sweden might be an option.
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

my father-in-law passed away on wendsday suddenly and to be strong for my wife has been so hard. alot of being able to cope and make a bad time seem better relies so much on being able to do the physical things like standing tall and holding your wife, being able to pick her up from work so she dosen't have to drive, be strong emotionaly and not break down at the slightest thing, look after all the arrangements, just everything a husband shoud do at times like this. ms affects you in so many ways, you just want to cry
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
maynaka
Family Elder

Post by maynaka »

Robbie,

No argument, it sucks that you could not provide the physical strength your wife needed, but please don't sell yourself short. The emotional and psychological support you're providing is immeasurable.

Ask your wife what you could for her; don't be surprised if she says you're already doing it.

M
munchkin
Family Elder

Post by munchkin »

Hi Robbie

Sorry to hear about your wife's father, it must be a very hard time for everyone.

M is right, just you being there might be what your wife really needs and wants. She will have her own thoughts on what support she needs from you.

When my father died, my husband gave me emotional support more than anything else and that helped me through the grieving.
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

time will heal, just wish things were different. thanks
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
coach
Family Elder

Post by coach »

My condolences Robbie on your father-in-law's death. I know you want to be strong for your wife. It is frustrating how this disease affects one's ability to do the little things that others take for granted. I then think of Joni Erickson Tada who has been a quadriplegic since age 17 and I think I don't have any problems. She has been an inspiration. I have to remember that this life is temporary and so are my problems. I don't have the last word. A higher power does(1Corinthians 55-57).
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

sorry to hear your sad news robbie :( hugs to you and your wife.
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Joni Erickson Tada who has been a quadriplegic since age 17
how do you get to be as strong as that. i feel like i can't libe theest of my life like tkis and i know its not going to change
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

on tuesday the day of the funeral i fell or went down twice once from the car yo the scooter an yhen from the chir to the toilet. i was alone for the secon one and was on the floor at least an hour. was able to grag myself to the couch ang get my ass up on it. today i crapped myself cause i just can't get to the batroom in time
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

robbie, wtf, you're killing me.
i'll PM you.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.

Return to “Daily Life”