tired

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
robbie
Family Elder

tired

Post by robbie »

tired of everything. gotta not think about the future it's just to depressing being in a wheelchair is one thing but all that comes with ms is to much sometimes it's said that what dosen't kill you makes you stronger i think thats bull shit
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
maynaka
Family Elder

Post by maynaka »

Robbie,

God knows this disease isn't a contest but I've got you beat...diagnosed in 84, so I'm at 27 years.

To say it sucks is an understatement. I've tried everything out there starting with bee stings and ending with tysabri. I did the antibiotics a few years ago and didn't see any changes. I was on them for 1.5 years.

Now I'm trying the Wahls program. Basically very healthy eating, supplements and electrical stimulation. I'm seeing some very, very slight improvements in three months. Walking, my big issue hasn't really changed much but I have more strength, so I'm hoping it will come with time.

Don't give up...something has to work for us.

M
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

like living to much and i feel like i'm not living
i just got to grow a pair
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
Karazhan
Family Member

Re: tired

Post by Karazhan »

robbie wrote: sometimes it's said that what dosen't kill you makes you stronger i think thats bull shit
me too!
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

does anyone think that a person suffers with ms, you always hear of suffering with cancer but but you hardly hear the words ms and suffering togeather. to me having cancer and doing your bucket list and enjoying your time with family and friends doing things that make you happy sounds great if it has to be this way. all ms does is slowly take away your ability to do yhose things but dosen't kill you and leaves you fully aware of whats happening i'd much rather the other
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

not sue what i'm trying to say but ms has got to be one of the worst out there it chooses a time in you life wken things are just starting to happen and leaves you with a whole new life.
just rambling really pissed of those antibiotics didn't last making me feel so good it's great to try stuff and hope it helps but when it seems to help and then stops and things go back to the way they were it's hard because you feel like you have set yourself up yet again
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
maynaka
Family Elder

Post by maynaka »

Robbie,

Every point you made is valid.

Your so right, or other people have cancer, go through an awful period for four to six months and then go back to a normal life. Please don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for them (I know of three people this has happened to in the last two years).

But the question in the back of my mind, is hey, why not me?

This disease sucks!

M
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

is there a limit to how much disability you can take i have always thought that when or if my hands are badly affected i would stop it do we hold on no matter what some do some don't it's scary to think about my wife and i have talked about it and she understands
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
patientx
Family Elder

Post by patientx »

robbie wrote:is there a limit to how much disability you can take i have always thought that when or if my hands are badly affected i would stop it do we hold on no matter what some do some don't it's scary to think about my wife and i have talked about it and she understands
I can't imagine what you're dealing with, but all that you've said in this thread makes a lot of sense.

If you really need a reason to keep going, think about the people who you would leave behind. They would miss you.
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

I can't imagine what you're dealing with
there must be alot of people that feel like this
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
maynaka
Family Elder

Post by maynaka »

Robbie,

I think everybody feels like that at some point as they see this disease progress and nothing works.

I'm sure you realize how lucky you are to have a wife with whom you can have such a honest discussion.

My husband of 30 years is also my rock. Giving up would be so much easier, but he and my 27 year old son are what keeps me pushing and hoping something will change.

M
munchkin
Family Elder

Post by munchkin »

Robbie

MS does suck and having something make you feel somewhat better and then going back to square one or minus one is very upsetting/depressing and more.

But, it does mean that the researchers and others might just find the right combination of things to help us.

Remember that you might feel more hopeful tomorrow or the next day. I go through some very dark days wondering about MS, why, and how much more, but the darkness does go away and I see and feel a little bit of light.
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

having something make you feel somewhat better and then going back to square one or minus one is very upsetting/depressing and more.
its cruel the way it affects your mind highs and lows the thoughts
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
munchkin
Family Elder

Post by munchkin »

Don't we know it, someone said to me that it is like holding the carrot in front of the horses nose. She is a long time MSer and has her ups and downs as well.

Maybe we need a dedicated forum for when we feel dark. It does help to just say the words or type them and gives those feelings recognition.

Return to “Daily Life”