mental symptoms?

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.
MScrusade
Getting to Know You...

mental symptoms?

Post by MScrusade »

i wasn't diagnosed until about 8 months now, but in hindsight, does MS effect anyone elses memory or their judgement. because i was told my MS effects my judgement, i.e saying things when they shouldn't be etc., has anyone else had this problem?
Because im quite scared as im going to be taking up a degree in teaching, purely because i can't do nursing anymore and i dont want to fail in my academics because of this illness is there anything i can do to help these symptoms?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: mental symptoms?

Post by jimmylegs »

some of the common nutritional deficits seen in ms patients can have impacts on cognitive function. there's a lot you can do nutritionally to help minimize those kinds of issues.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
MScrusade
Getting to Know You...

Post by MScrusade »

Yeah jimmy i haven't been eating much resently, going through another relapse as we speak,i still owe you my 3 day food diary
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

when you can. hope you feel better ASAP!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
sorshya

Post by sorshya »

I just have to say, ummmmmm yes. losing words, making a big deal out of nothing - then not being able to remember the things I said which are usually hurtful and unnecessary.....
-Samantha
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't you're right"
~Henry Ford
QuicheLorraine
Getting to Know You...

Post by QuicheLorraine »

The cognitive and mental changes I went through before being diagnosed cost me my marriage. I can no longer do math, this is not only keeping me from graduating college, but it caused me to write a bad check as well. Luckily, I have some very understanding friends who help me out a lot.......and they do not laugh at me when I stumble on words. ;-)