My possible walk for Myelin repaire Foundation

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.

My possible walk for Myelin repaire Foundation

Postby sh8un » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:45 pm

Hi
Lately I have been feeling like I need to do something in order to make it faster for these researchers to get the money they need to start pumping out the drugs. I wanted to organize a sponsored walk for the myelin Repair foundation. I have actually never done anything like that and don't really know where to start. I did email them a few days ago but have not received a reply. Tried calling them but I am told that the number is not available from my area. If this thing goes through and I am able to walk to raise money, I just wanted to know what you guys thought about MRF and if there are any other organizations that you are aware of that are worthy. I somehow don't really want to walk for the MSS. I am not sure why that is. Maybe because i really like the MRF's promise better. Let me know what you think and please give me advise.
Thank you all,
NN
sh8un
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby thinkingoutloud86 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 am

hi sh8un,

i don't know a lot about the MRF, but i thought i would pass something on to you. about a year and a half ago, i attended the National Multiple Sclerosis Society's conference in Atl (just happened to be there)...it sounds like you're trying to go a different route then the MSS and i think that is great...i just wanted to let you know that they had informative workshops at the conference, some of which talked about how to do fund raisers...and, they didn't require any sort of commitment to MSS to attend the fundraising workshop...good luck

thinkingoutloud
thinkingoutloud86
Family Elder

Postby sh8un » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:15 am

Hi thinkingoutloud,
That's great!!! It's exactly what I need. I will look into it.
NN
sh8un
Family Elder

Postby thinkingoutloud86 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:21 pm

my pleasure...good luck!!

TOL
thinkingoutloud86
Family Elder

Postby sh8un » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:58 am

Hi all,
Just wanted to update. I looked into the MRF but they basically told me that they are more interested in big investors. So,,,I have decided to work with Accelerated Cure Project based on a tip from someone on this website. I would be the first to do a fundraiser for them in Canada, so I am very excited. I am also very scared and I hope that I can actually pull this off. I have never done anything like this ever and it scares the poop out of me. Wish me luck :lol: .
NN
sh8un
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:33 am

good luck s! you can do it! and i don't know much about acp but when you mentioned 'something other than the mss' for some reason i thought of acp right away even tho u were talking about mrf. it'll be a snap for ya!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby sh8un » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:26 pm

Thanx JL
sh8un
Family Elder

Postby Loriyas » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:47 am

Neda
Thanks for letting everyone know about working with Accelerated Cure Project. Keep us updated on your progress of your fundraising. I think everyone would be interested to see how it goes!
Lori
Loriyas
Family Elder

Postby sh8un » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:16 am

Hi Lori,
I will for sure do that. I am very excited.
NN
sh8un
Family Elder

Return to Daily Life