The Blues strike again ....

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.

The Blues strike again ....

Postby siren » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:47 am

The hospital has rejected my application for subsidy for my Rebif injections :( . From now on I have to pay the full US$ 1,705.41 every month in order for me to continue my treatment. That will leave me with just US$73 after deducting that amount frm my salary. :(
MS really sucks the life out of you...emotionally, physically, mentally, financially and much more...! :cry: :cry:
sorry, just letting off steam.... it's just one of those days where hope decides to take a break :( It will come back soon....i guess.
siren
Family Member

Advertisement

Postby jimmylegs » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:39 pm

ugh no apologies please siren! we are here to hear it out! that is mos def unpleasant news to say the least. i don't know what to say... maybe another funding opportunity will present itself...
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: The blues strike again

Postby NHE » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:30 pm

siren wrote:From now on I have to pay the full US$ 1,705.41 every month in order for me to continue my treatment. That will leave me with just US$73 after deducting that amount frm my salary.

Have you contacted the manufacturer directly and asked if they have an assistance program? I'm on Avonex and Biogen has an assistance program. I just pay for the shipping to get the meds to my house. I couldn't be on Avonex without this assistance. Note that the level of asistance varies with income but you sound like you're in a position where they should be able to help you.

NHE
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Loobie » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:23 pm

Siren,

I would DEFINATELY follow NHE's advice. I think all the big pharma's havae some program or another like that.
Loobie
Family Elder

Postby GeoGuy » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:51 pm

siren,

Try this link to MSLifelines. They do have a program to help pay for Rebif and you can find out if you qualify by going to this site:

http://www.mslifelines.com/rebif/insura ... simple.jsp

Jack
RRMS since 01/07.
GeoGuy
Family Elder

Postby siren » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:58 pm

Try this link to MSLifelines. They do have a program to help pay for Rebif and you can find out if you qualify by going to this site:

http://www.mslifelines.com/rebif/insura ... simple.jsp

Thanks Jack for the link but don't think I'm qualifed for this program cause I'm not a US resident. I've spoken to a Serono's representative in Singapore and she said that she will try to find out if I can tap into another fund for my subsidy. I have also approached a Member of Parliment in my area for help as well....hopefully they would be able to provide assistance somehow.

There's not much awareness of MS here and we're kinda overlooked as the number is small. I've met several people in a MS support group who have actually stopped their treatment because of the high cost and is taking one day at a time. They have resigned to whatever MS is throwing at them.

Don't want to let MS win this fight ....wish me luck. I should be getting a respond from the MP within next 2 weeks.
siren
Family Member

Postby carolew » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:14 am

Indeed, best of luck Siren... there must be a way.... Carole
carolew
Family Elder

Return to Daily Life