Hurricane Gustav, what a prick!!

A forum to talk about the general challenges of daily life with MS.

Hurricane Gustav, what a prick!!

Postby Artifishual » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:26 am

The downside of living on the coast :( looks like we may be about to have an unwelcome visitor!! Been there and done that, not wanting to do it again :? , This time we will be heading out sooner than later, last time we got one of these we opted to ride it out. Big mistake. Looks like we will be going north to Austin to stay w/ family. Hopefully it will make a detour somewhere along the way. I don't wish this on anyone, but just not us again. Being around Beaumont we are somewhere in the middle of it all. Late arti
Artifishual
Family Elder

Postby Loobie » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:26 am

Good luck bro. I woke up thinking about you right when I flipped the news on. I said "I wonder is that crazy sumbitch is fishing?".
Loobie
Family Elder

Postby Artifishual » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:54 am

Yep, I was fishing!! managed a nice stringer of black bass!! from around 2-4lbs even G-girl caught a nice on, hey also just got some great news------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------she's---------------------------------
-----------------------------------------PREGRNANT-----------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------:P------------------------------------
Looks like the storm missed us as we are already back home after a long track across Tx. It is now 1:45 pm monday and we are going to get winds around 40-50 mph which is no biggie and some heavy rains, so not to bad.
She took a prego test on the way in and it was positive. She is going to the Dr. next week for a visit!!!!! I'm so excited!!!
Artifishual
Family Elder

Postby carolew » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:55 pm

That is exciting Art! congratulations !!!!! Will you name him Gustav or her Gustie??? lol
carolew
Family Elder

Postby Loobie » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:26 pm

U D A MAN!!!!!
Loobie
Family Elder

Postby RedSonja » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:56 am

Seeing the thing on television is one thing, very exciting. But actually being there must be frightening.

Now the worst seems to be over, tell us how you got on, and how your house came through, and so on. Was it as bad as they showed?

Sorry, everyone has a right to a vice, and mine is curiosity.
Bibo ergo sum
RedSonja
Family Elder

Postby Artifishual » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:10 am

RedSonja wrote:Seeing the thing on television is one thing, very exciting. But actually being there must be frightening.

Now the worst seems to be over, tell us how you got on, and how your house came through, and so on. Was it as bad as they showed?

Sorry, everyone has a right to a vice, and mine is curiosity.

Well it is Tuesday morning and sunny :) , we didn't even get a rain shower or any wind. The storm skirted the TX Louisiana border and then moved north thru Louisianan. I can tell you from previous experience that hurricanes are not fun!! We stayed thru hurricane Rita three years ago. We had 17 people in our house ranging from 2 to 72 yrs old and even one that was pregnant. Most of those were from further south, thinking that evacuating to our house which at the time was around 120 miles from the coast, was far enough. We had 2 trees fall in on our 3000sq ft home. It was almost demolished. Our insurance payed for all the damages totaling it at around 155,000 for the house and another 45,000 for the contents in the house. We sold the house "as is" and bought a new house closer to our jobs.
As for hurricane Gustav I think it did do a lot of damage to La. , but we had zero damage except for our wallets which suffered from having to evacuate :cry: , later arti
Artifishual
Family Elder

Postby Artifishual » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:11 am

Thanks guys for all the congratulations on Greta being pregnant!! :lol:
Artifishual
Family Elder

Postby catfreak » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:10 pm

Congratulations on the pregnancy!! :D

And, on being missed by Gustav!

CF
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
catfreak
Family Elder

Postby Artifishual » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:14 am

catfreak wrote:Congratulations on the pregnancy!! :D

And, on being missed by Gustav!

CF

Thanks CF, how did you fare from the storm, from what I've heard on the news y'all got it pretty bad!! hope and pray all is well. Arti
Artifishual
Family Elder

Postby catfreak » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:10 pm

Hey Arti,

We live in North Mississippi so we were far away from the storm. I saw some photos today and there was a lot of flooding on the coast. They have not had time to get over Katrina!

CF

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
catfreak
Family Elder

Postby Artifishual » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:58 am

Lookin likes we got another freakin storm headed to us now "Ike".
Who the hell names these things anyway? Hopefully it will just blow back into the Atlantic!!!!
Artifishual
Family Elder

Postby catfreak » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:27 pm

Hang in there Arti!!

Run if you have to. Maybe it will just die off before it get close to you.

CF

catfreak
Family Elder

Postby MrsGeorge » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:51 am

Congrats on Greta being pregnant - that's great news!

Storms are evil!
MrsGeorge
Family Elder

hurricanes suckass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Artifishual » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:02 pm

Thanks Mrs. G on the pregnancy!! were excited!!

I am sick of hurricanes :twisted: this is getting ridiculous, I just spent over $600 on leaving for Gustav, I will not be so eager to leave on this one. Also spent another $350 on groceries that we had to replace, the insurance companies are telling us that if we leave and there is food in the fridge that spoils and it ruins the fridge, they will not replace the fridge or the food :evil: we threw out almost everything in ours last time!! I packed up 4 huge ice coolers and the rest went into the garbage. For nothing!! I could have fed an army off of what was thrown away.

later arti :?
Artifishual
Family Elder

Next

Return to Daily Life