Wahls diet discussion

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet

Re: Wahls diet discussion

Postby NHE » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:24 pm

dc10 wrote:i really dont want to resort to surgery as patients still regularly relapse + the awful pain from the wound for weeks/months... no thanks

Have you tried antibiotics?
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Advertisement

Postby jimmylegs » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:54 am

i ask because if it's zinc citrate (like mine) you're getting 15mg of elemental zinc. you could try taking two 50mg pills per day for a week to see if it helped. but, you really need the blood test. if you have a problem, but your zinc is already optimized, you need to look elsewhere.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby dc10 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:14 am

JL, i have pm'd you as i feel i am disturbing the wahls diet discussion
- forgot to add in the PM, this is the zinc i take: http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Zinc-50- ... s/883?at=0

NHE, no i havent taken antibiotics,
however i am reluctantly contemplating taking a short course of oral antibiotics soon if the natural approach doesn't clear the infection and raised skin near the sinus, which im guessing is the puss (infection) under the skin moving about
dc10
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:23 pm

if you do end up getting pharma abx, make sure you take your probiotics faithfully too :) will check your pm.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby adamt » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:07 pm

I have been doing the Wahl's protocol for six weeks and have noticed since week 2 that my stomach bulges out like it is bloated.

yet i have lost about 15 pounds. my body fat has gone down a lot

is this bloating/bulging common?
why is it bloating out when im eating less calories ?
adamt
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:59 pm

hi adam, send me a three day diet diary showing how you're interpreting the wahls diet, and i'll see if i can spot what might be causing your bloating issues.
fwiw, gas/bloating is often a consequence of high fibre intake...
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby lyndacarol » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:10 am

This article seems to share some of the ideas of agriculture expressed by Dr. Terry Wahls:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... L_artNew_1
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Postby Liberation » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:58 am

Can anyone help me with a diet diary for a few days based on Wahls diet that can be easily made? My biggest problem as a male that lots of things in the Wahls' book is just impossible to pepare in East Europe as we do not have those ingredients or takes too much time and experience to cook it.

For me it is also hard to interpret the measurement of "cup". E.g. if I saute spinach 1 cup takes much more spinach than in raw.

Anyone heard about any results on Wahls diet? A few years ago she planned to carry out a test on patients. So many diets, so it would be really good to know what is effective. When independent tests were carried out on certain elements, like omega 3, then they proved to be ineffective.

Even here, lots of people strongly favor different diets. Do you really experienced a significant improvement in your condition (like dr Wahls) in the long term?
Liberation
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:11 pm

what kind of food can you get easily, where you are? do the shops have any web sites we can look at to get some idea?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby vesta » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:41 pm

I just watched a January 27, 2011 interview Dr. Wahls gave to Katie Roche. She recommends using a device for neuro-muscular electrical stimulation. She does so to develop atrophied muscles, especially on her back. By doing so she stimulates her blood circulation in the Central Nervous System (Chinese Medical Theory) She apparently is unaware of CCSVI, that the true cause of MS is a blood reflux which injures the brain and spinal cord. I believe that life stress and food intolerances triggered off her disease and toxic MS medication worsened her condition by poisoning her. She probably does not have a blocked vein, but veins which collapse intermittently. The various vein abnormalities (wall membrane too thin?) can be more subtle than a mechanically treatable stenosis. Blood circulation can be restricted by a weakened vein which narrows intermittently or collapses because of stress and can be kept open without angioplasty by removing the stress (e.g.glutens, aspartame, mercury, cold, flus, toxins, ambition, ms drugs) and enhancing blood circulation (massage, acupuncture, kinesiology, swimming.) She recovered by 1) de-toxifying from the MS medication which was poisoning her as well as food toxins 2) nourishing herself optimally with paleo diet food and nutritional supplements 3) progressive exercise and 3) neuro-muscular electrical stimulation which enhances blood circulation. She, like about 2/3 MS patients, probably does not have a CCSVI structural vein stenosis and cannot benefit from angioplasty. More info at MS Cure Enigmas.net

Cliquez ici pour modifier.
Last edited by vesta on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
vesta
Family Elder

Postby Liberation » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:31 pm

jimmylegs wrote:what kind of food can you get easily, where you are? do the shops have any web sites we can look at to get some idea?

Hi jimmylegs,

Thanks for your help. I have just found a link in English with 5 pages that show vegetables, fruits which are easily available in East Europe.
http://www.hu.all.biz/en/buy/goods/?rubric=108

Another problem is that bio vegatables are not easily available here, mainly just the most common ones, like tomatoes, pepper, etc. These are extremely expensive, they cost three or four times more than the not-bio. Of course, if the push coms to shove I will buy them.
Liberation
Family Elder

Postby Liberation » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:42 pm

vesta wrote:I just watched a January 27, 2011 interview Dr. Wahls gave to Katie Roche. She recommends using a TENS device for neuro-muscular electrical stimulation. She does so to develop atrophied muscles, especially on her back. By doing so she stimulates her blood circulation in the Central Nervous System (Chinese Medical Theory) She apparently is unaware of CCSVI, that the true cause of MS is a blood reflux which injures the brain and spinal cord. I believe that life stress and food intolerances triggered off her disease and toxic MS medication worsened her condition by poisoning her. She probazbly does not have a blockied vein, but veins which collaShe recovered by 1) de-toxifying from the MS medication which was poisoning her as well as food toxins 2) nourishing herself optimally with paleo diet food and nutritional supplements 3) progressive exercise and 3) neuro-muscular electrical stimulation which enhances blood circulation. She, like about 2/3 MS patients, probably does not have a CCSVI structural vein stenosis and cannot benefit from angioplasty.

Cliquez ici pour modifier.

Hi vesta,
I was in contact with dr Wahls in the past. She recommend EMS device rather than TENS. It works with different parameters- They believe that it not only stimulates the muscle but also stimulates the CNS. So, their concept has nothing to do with the blood flow, even though it must have an impact on it.

Dr Wahls did not recommend CCSVI procedure when I was asking her about it. She thinks just like many other doctors that restenosis will sooner or later occur that will require further angioplasty that will in turn causes more and more scars. So, even if CCSVI has some merits, we still do not have a good approach to treat it.
Liberation
Family Elder

Postby vesta » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:27 am

Hi Liberation:
My post didn't go through completely. My point was that INADVERTENTLY Dr Wahls is treating CCSVI by enhancing blood circulation since electrical stimulation of the back stimulates the meridien in Chinese medecine which controls blood circulation- fluid circulations in general. I believe the various vein abnormalities (wall membrane too thin?) can be more subtle than a mechanically treatable stenosis. Blood circulation can be restricted by a weakened vein which narrows intermittently or collapses because of stress and can be kept open without angioplasty by removing the stress (e.g.glutens, aspartame, mercury, cold, flus, toxins, ambition, ms drugs) and enhancing blood circulation (massage, acupuncture, kinesiology, swimming.) Dr Wahls (myself included) probably does not have a serious vein blockage. Proper nutrition serves two purposes, to reduce stress on the vascular system and nourish injured tissue. If she had had a serious vein blockage, the outcome may not have been so successful. Everyone can benefit from good nutrition, but if someone has a blocked vein, it probably needs to be "unblocked".Problem is, how? More info at MS Cure Enigmas.net
vesta
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:11 am

great link, Liberation!

here's one resource (american though) which can help you make more informed choices about when to buy organic:

dirty dozen and clean 15
http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary

note to self: insist on organic kale/greens, celery, sweet peppers, lettuce, cucumber and potatoes!

sample worst of the dirty dozen:
"#3 Bell Peppers. Bell peppers tested positive for up to 15 pesticides on a single sample." ouch.

sheesh i'm going to have to start my own mini greenhouse :S hehe
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby Liberation » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:40 am

jimmylegs wrote:great link, Liberation!

here's one resource (american though) which can help you make more informed choices about when to buy organic:

dirty dozen and clean 15
http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary

note to self: insist on organic kale/greens, celery, sweet peppers, lettuce, cucumber and potatoes!

sample worst of the dirty dozen:
"#3 Bell Peppers. Bell peppers tested positive for up to 15 pesticides on a single sample." ouch.

sheesh i'm going to have to start my own mini greenhouse :S hehe

Thank you, jimmylegs. It's a good link. I think it is better if I eat most of the vegetables and fruits organic.

Is there any experiment that would show how much washing can help get rid of the pesticides?
Liberation
Family Elder

PreviousNext

Return to Diet