Wahls diet discussion

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Wahls diet discussion

Post by NHE »

dc10 wrote:i really dont want to resort to surgery as patients still regularly relapse + the awful pain from the wound for weeks/months... no thanks
Have you tried antibiotics?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

i ask because if it's zinc citrate (like mine) you're getting 15mg of elemental zinc. you could try taking two 50mg pills per day for a week to see if it helped. but, you really need the blood test. if you have a problem, but your zinc is already optimized, you need to look elsewhere.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
dc10
Family Elder

Post by dc10 »

JL, i have pm'd you as i feel i am disturbing the wahls diet discussion
- forgot to add in the PM, this is the zinc i take: http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Zinc-50- ... s/883?at=0

NHE, no i havent taken antibiotics,
however i am reluctantly contemplating taking a short course of oral antibiotics soon if the natural approach doesn't clear the infection and raised skin near the sinus, which im guessing is the puss (infection) under the skin moving about
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

if you do end up getting pharma abx, make sure you take your probiotics faithfully too :) will check your pm.
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
adamt
Family Elder

Post by adamt »

I have been doing the Wahl's protocol for six weeks and have noticed since week 2 that my stomach bulges out like it is bloated.

yet i have lost about 15 pounds. my body fat has gone down a lot

is this bloating/bulging common?
why is it bloating out when im eating less calories ?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi adam, send me a three day diet diary showing how you're interpreting the wahls diet, and i'll see if i can spot what might be causing your bloating issues.
fwiw, gas/bloating is often a consequence of high fibre intake...
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

This article seems to share some of the ideas of agriculture expressed by Dr. Terry Wahls:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... L_artNew_1
Liberation
Family Elder

Post by Liberation »

Last edited by Liberation on Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

what kind of food can you get easily, where you are? do the shops have any web sites we can look at to get some idea?
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

I just watched a January 27, 2011 interview Dr. Wahls gave to Katie Roche. She recommends using a device for neuro-muscular electrical stimulation. She does so to develop atrophied muscles, especially on her back. By doing so she stimulates her blood circulation in the Central Nervous System (Chinese Medical Theory) She apparently is unaware of CCSVI, that the true cause of MS is a blood reflux which injures the brain and spinal cord. I believe that life stress and food intolerances triggered off her disease and toxic MS medication worsened her condition by poisoning her. She probably does not have a blocked vein, but veins which collapse intermittently. The various vein abnormalities (wall membrane too thin?) can be more subtle than a mechanically treatable stenosis. Blood circulation can be restricted by a weakened vein which narrows intermittently or collapses because of stress and can be kept open without angioplasty by removing the stress (e.g.glutens, aspartame, mercury, cold, flus, toxins, ambition, ms drugs) and enhancing blood circulation (massage, acupuncture, kinesiology, swimming.) She recovered by 1) de-toxifying from the MS medication which was poisoning her as well as food toxins 2) nourishing herself optimally with paleo diet food and nutritional supplements 3) progressive exercise and 3) neuro-muscular electrical stimulation which enhances blood circulation. She, like about 2/3 MS patients, probably does not have a CCSVI structural vein stenosis and cannot benefit from angioplasty. More info at MS Cure Enigmas.net

Cliquez ici pour modifier.
Last edited by vesta on Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liberation
Family Elder

Post by Liberation »

Last edited by Liberation on Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liberation
Family Elder

Post by Liberation »

Last edited by Liberation on Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
vesta
Family Elder

Post by vesta »

Hi Liberation:
My post didn't go through completely. My point was that INADVERTENTLY Dr Wahls is treating CCSVI by enhancing blood circulation since electrical stimulation of the back stimulates the meridien in Chinese medecine which controls blood circulation- fluid circulations in general. I believe the various vein abnormalities (wall membrane too thin?) can be more subtle than a mechanically treatable stenosis. Blood circulation can be restricted by a weakened vein which narrows intermittently or collapses because of stress and can be kept open without angioplasty by removing the stress (e.g.glutens, aspartame, mercury, cold, flus, toxins, ambition, ms drugs) and enhancing blood circulation (massage, acupuncture, kinesiology, swimming.) Dr Wahls (myself included) probably does not have a serious vein blockage. Proper nutrition serves two purposes, to reduce stress on the vascular system and nourish injured tissue. If she had had a serious vein blockage, the outcome may not have been so successful. Everyone can benefit from good nutrition, but if someone has a blocked vein, it probably needs to be "unblocked".Problem is, how? More info at MS Cure Enigmas.net
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

great link, Liberation!

here's one resource (american though) which can help you make more informed choices about when to buy organic:

dirty dozen and clean 15
http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary

note to self: insist on organic kale/greens, celery, sweet peppers, lettuce, cucumber and potatoes!

sample worst of the dirty dozen:
"#3 Bell Peppers. Bell peppers tested positive for up to 15 pesticides on a single sample." ouch.

sheesh i'm going to have to start my own mini greenhouse :S hehe
Liberation
Family Elder

Post by Liberation »

Last edited by Liberation on Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.