Are ELISA Food allergy tests worth a shot?

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet
pawel96
Family Member

Are ELISA Food allergy tests worth a shot?

Post by pawel96 »

I am thinking about doing some Imu pro tests (actually an ELISA IgG food intolerance test). They cost quite a bit, hence the question. So far I had good success with leaving out milk/dairy - increased my symptoms really badly. I wonder if there will be any more added value in spending the money i.e. further decrease brain inflammation with avoiding some foods.

P.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Are ELISA Food allergy tests worth a shot?

Post by jimmylegs »

heya :) a family member had elisa testing done and was found to have tons of sensitivities. she also got quite sick and tested positive for ebv for years. then we optimized her nutrient levels. follow up elisa testing showed the food sensitivies were gone and so was the chronic mono. makes sense that leaving out dairy helps - high intake can put increased demand on nutrient supplies that are low in ms patients to start with. i'd spend the money on blood work for nutrient status. my two cents :) (of course the bloodwork results both before and after were 'normal' - but they were higher normal after doing some work, having been low normal earlier)
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
pawel96
Family Member

Re: Are ELISA Food allergy tests worth a shot?

Post by pawel96 »

i'd spend the money on blood work for nutrient status
Thanks JL. I feel this makes more sense.

Pawel