Are ELISA Food allergy tests worth a shot?

A board to discuss various diet-centered approaches to treating or controlling Multiple Sclerosis, e.g., the Swank Diet

Are ELISA Food allergy tests worth a shot?

Postby pawel96 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:45 am

I am thinking about doing some Imu pro tests (actually an ELISA IgG food intolerance test). They cost quite a bit, hence the question. So far I had good success with leaving out milk/dairy - increased my symptoms really badly. I wonder if there will be any more added value in spending the money i.e. further decrease brain inflammation with avoiding some foods.

P.
pawel96
Family Member

Advertisement

Re: Are ELISA Food allergy tests worth a shot?

Postby jimmylegs » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:21 pm

heya :) a family member had elisa testing done and was found to have tons of sensitivities. she also got quite sick and tested positive for ebv for years. then we optimized her nutrient levels. follow up elisa testing showed the food sensitivies were gone and so was the chronic mono. makes sense that leaving out dairy helps - it put increase demand on nutrient supplies that are low in ms patients to start with. i'd spend the money on blood work for nutrient status. my two cents :)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby pawel96 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:22 am

i'd spend the money on blood work for nutrient status

Thanks JL. I feel this makes more sense.

Pawel
pawel96
Family Member

Postby jimmylegs » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:44 pm

me too :) just make sure you get your own copy of results and bring them here for review. you know the 'normal' ranges at labs are nonsense, right?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Return to Diet