this part is extracted from the link DIM provided above and is the essence of BBD - but with supplements. Don't do it without them - I did the last time I was on it and I was very very deficient in some minerals after a while on it. If I'm honest I limit the amount of soy but I don't cut it out because I don't seem to have a problem with it. Likewise with peas/beans etc - I found the diet too restrictive without these things, but I follow the rest of it.
1 - To stop, or at least restrict, the consumption of foods whose molecular structure is so similar to the myelin in our own bodies that they could ignite the autoimmunity process and cause an attack on the myelin in the CNS. These "suspect" foods are as follows;
* Dairy - Avoid all animal milks, and all butters, cheeses, and yoghurts made from them, and all products that contain them. Where appropriate, replace in the diet with rice milk or low fat coconut milk, both of which are widely available on the supermarket shelves, these days.
* Gluten - Avoid all wheat, rye and barley, and all products containing them. It is advised that oats are also avoided despite new research suggesting they contain no gluten. For our purposes, they are still regarded as a "modern" grain, added to the diet only in recent times, and the chances of avoiding autoimmune reactions is greater without them. These "suspect" grains are replaced in the diet with rice, corn, quinoa and a whole range of other grains/flours that are both gluten-free and widely available these days.
* Legumes - Avoid all beans, peas and pulses, especially soya, and all products containing them. All other vegetables are allowed, in particular the green leafy ones, like spinach and brocolli that are high in omega 3 EFA.
* Refined sugar is also avoided, wherever possible, because it can make the leaky gut worse and can also adversely affect the immune system. More acceptable alternative sweetners are honey, maple syrup, fruit sugar(fructose) and stevia.
* Eggs and Yeast are both allowed in limited quantities as long as the individual shows no specific allergic reaction to them.
RR-MS dx 1998 and Coeliac dx 2003
Copaxone, Cymbalta. EPO, Fish Oils, Vitamin D3 2000 IU daily, Cal/Mag/Zinc, Multivitamin/mineral, Co-Enzyme Q10, Probiotics, Milk Thistle.