High dose Prednisone - 1250 mg per day

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.
reellucky

High dose Prednisone - 1250 mg per day

Post by reellucky »

Has anyone been on Copaxone with 1250 mg per day of prednisone? I'm newly diagnosed and have been asked to join a trial. I'm trying to find info about prednisone doses that high and have not had much luck.
jaycee
Family Member

Post by jaycee »

Once during an exacerbation, I was on 1200 mg per day for 3 days. The idea then is to taper off slowly. I went to 80 mg for 3 days, per doc instructions, and felt like I was going to die. I thought it was the predizone and stopped. That was a mistake. He put me back on 80, 60, 40, 20 mg for 3 days each and survived, but just barely. My family, not so much. I screamed a lot and then had diarrhea for 4 months. I've never taken it again but would if an attack was bad. It totally cured my symptoms at that point - my whole left side was paralyzed and it came back. I hope others respond.
rasnet6
Family Member

Post by rasnet6 »

Hi,

I have had 5 days of 1000 mg/day Intravenous methyl prednisolone treatment for a relapse (it was a bad one though - I couldnt walk or feel anythign from my bust down!!)

No taper, just had the five days and then stopped completely. Just had the normal skin feeling sore and being hungry and very tired for the next few days...

Im still alive, and I got completely better

Hope this puts you at ease a little!!
R