A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.
I am reaching out to my community contacts to spread the word about a newly enrolling research study for Multiple Sclerosis in Atlanta, Georgia (other sites are also conducting this study in other parts of the country). The study will last 96 weeks and will consist of only 11 office visits. This particular MS study may be advantageous to potential participants because it is a comparison study rather than a placebo study. This means that qualified participants will definitely receive one of two MS drugs – either the new study drug, or an existing FDA approved drug that serves as the “control” comparison.
I have outlined a partial list of the study’s inclusion/exclusion criteria below.
• Diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis (cannot be primary progressive MS)
• Ages 18-55 years of age
• At least 2 documented clinical “attacks” (relapses/worsening of symptoms) within the last 2 years OR 1 clinical attack in past year.
• Documented MRI of brain with abnormalities consistent with MS prior to screening.
• Diagnosis of primary progressive MS
• Known presence of other neurological disorders which may mimic MS (Myasthenia Gravis, Lupus, Fibromyalgia)
• Known active infection or other infections such as herpes, mono, epstein barr virus, yeast infection, flu, strep, TB, HIV, and infection other than toenail fungus.
• History of cancer (other than some minor skin cancers)
If you know of anyone who might be interested in participating in this study, please have them call our office at (404) 851-9934 to complete an initial phone screen or go to http://www.neurotrials.com/studies.aspx for more information.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:34 am
Return to Drug Pipeline
- UCSF Trial of Low Dose Naltrexone Still Enrolling
by SammyJo » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:23 pm
- 1 Replies
- 1842 Views
- Last post by mrhodes40
Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:29 pm
- Are you on the clinical trial FTY 720
by Astrid » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:28 am
- 3 Replies
- 2009 Views
- Last post by Shayk
Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:12 pm
- Clinical trial results
by dignan » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:00 am
- 6 Replies
- 2340 Views
- Last post by carolew
Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:24 am
- Clinical trial summary from ECTRIMS
by dignan » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:22 am
- 0 Replies
- 1708 Views
- Last post by dignan
Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:22 am
- RE DIRUCOTIDE CLINICAL TRIAL FOR SPMS PATINTS
by seeva » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:12 am
- 3 Replies
- 1160 Views
- Last post by 1eye
Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 am
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users