Tovaxin Trial Progress

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ewizabeth
Family Elder

Re: How could you not like cats?? :? (Just kidding... ;-)

Post by ewizabeth »

Lyon wrote:...I won't let her have them in the house but my wife obviously loves to spend money on cat food. She leaves the garage door up about 8" year round so that the cats can get in and out but the dogs and coyotes can't. We have a cat collection beyond compare!

I've always found it amazing that cats seem to get lost and find their way to my house...
Your wife sounds like my sister. She has a menagerie of indoor (four of them) and an endless supply of strays that she feeds outdoors. She loves cats so much, she can't bear to ignore any of them. She was REALLY hoping we would want another cat, she even had one designated for me. She was very disappointed when we decided not to have another one.

I don't believe for one minute that you have tried to put a cat in a bag... :wink:
Take care, Ewizabeth Previously Avonex, Rebif & Copaxone RRMS ~Tysabri, 31 infusions, ended 9/09. Starting Copaxone 12/09, waiting for Cladribine to be approved in 2010.
ewizabeth
Family Elder

Post by ewizabeth »

flipflopper wrote:[
8O 8O I’m a cat lover! But, I don’t think I like cats the same way you do Lyon :wink:
...It takes about two weeks so I should know soon. If I am accepted, I will keep you all informed about my experience with this clinical trial.
You should know any day now then! Good! :)
Take care, Ewizabeth Previously Avonex, Rebif & Copaxone RRMS ~Tysabri, 31 infusions, ended 9/09. Starting Copaxone 12/09, waiting for Cladribine to be approved in 2010.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ewizabeth
Family Elder

Post by ewizabeth »

Lyon wrote: To make a long story short, despite the risks I faced the cats arrived home about 1/2 hour after I did.
Oh my gosh, my sister is going to LOVE that story. Thanks for sharing Bob.

Did you ever see that Superbowl commercial a few years back, where there were tough, grizzled old West cowboys trying to herd a bunch of cats? It was HILARIOUS. One tough guy was all scratched up from holding a little white Persion cat.... :lol: They all looked like they had just been through a warzone.
flipflopper
Family Elder

Post by flipflopper »

Lyon wrote: Hi flipflopper,
I'm always game for a new recipe......what way do you like them?

Unless you have a trick I'm not aware of I'm probably not interested in grilled cat recipes. Every time I've tried so far they bit me and ran off before I could get the lid closed :evil:

Bob

The only recipe you will get from me with the word cat is a catfish recipe. Catfish is quite good actually. That's probably a healthier alternative to what you asked for anyways so that's settled!
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Hey Ewizabeth,

I've been away for a few days and am just reading your posts on this. I'm glad that your Dr. has said that you can even have steroid treatment and stay in the trial. My left eye has sustained a significant amount of damage here lately and I've been avoiding it because I don't want to screw up the trial. I know that I should try and keep perm. vision damage from happenning at all costs, but I am really torn as I want to get this stuff and see if it works!!!

I am going to print your post and take it with me to my appt. tomorrow. I'll let you know what my neuro. and research coord. say about this.
ewizabeth
Family Elder

Post by ewizabeth »

Loobie,

I don't know if it will be possible when they are making the vaccine. I didn't get all the details from my doctor, but he did say you can have treatment if you have problems while in the trial. That is reassuring to know, especially if you're on the placebo. I hope you have wonderful results from Tovaxin, and that you'll get the real thing.
sh8un
Family Elder

Post by sh8un »

Loobie
Good luck with your app. tomorrow. :D :D :D .Please ask them why some ppl make MRTCs and others don't.
Take care,
NN
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

I will ask that and see if they know. I've never actually talked to a person from Opexa, but my research coordinator or my neuro. may know. I'll let you all know how the shot went after tomorrow!
flipflopper
Family Elder

Post by flipflopper »

Well...I just heard that I didn't make MRTCs. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have been off Copaxone since July 1rst 2006. I haven't taken steroids since October 2005. I don't take any medications that contains steroids or any other drugs for that matter aside from minocycline. I was told that I could stay on minocycline but I think that perhaps it lowered my chances of producing MRTCs. I guess I will have to read some more about minocycline tonight.

In case some of you are wondering, when I spoke with the nurse, she told me that somebody else was tested the same week I was. That person also didn't make MRTCs.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flipflopper
Family Elder

Post by flipflopper »

Lyon wrote: I'm sorry to hear that flipflopper! I'm not 100% sure but I thought I remember hearing the nurse tell my wife that they would try again later in that instance?

Bob

I asked the nurse if being tested again was a possibility. I mentioned that I had heard of other people who had been retested. She said that she would ask to see if being retested for MRTCs was a possibility.