Rituxan results from ECTRIMS

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.
bromley
Family Elder

Post by bromley »

Smiling,

The UK MS Society is holding its MS Life conference this weekend. There are a range of presentations from various researchers. One is about future treatments in the pipeline, including for PP and SP MS. When the presentation is posted on their website I'll provide a link.

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/convention/ ... bates.html

Ian
gwa
Family Elder

Post by gwa »

Thanks for the info. I would like to read the presentations.

gwa
HaveIt2

Post by HaveIt2 »

Recently I had the privilege of meeting Dr. T Vollmer, a co-author of the article "B-Cell Depletion with Rituximab in RRMS" in the New England Journal of Medicine. Meeting Dr. Vollmer was the result of soliciting for participation in the Alemtuzumab (Campath) vs Rebif trial. Although we both shared the vision one should fight fire with fire, Alemtuzumab would be his last resort. Dr. Vollmer strong recommendation for a case like mine (RRMS), is Rituximab. One of the reasons for that is, unlike Alemtuzumab, Rituximab does not permanently alter the immune system, i.e. it is reversible over time. He expressed his expectation that the FDA is going to approve Rituximab soon after the article would be published. Lets hope so.