FTY 720 for PPMS Finally!!!!

A board to discuss future MS therapies in early stage (Phase I or II) trials.

FTY 720 for PPMS Finally!!!!

Postby Smilingface » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:26 pm

Primary Progressive, Onset 10 years ago at age 42, diagnosis 6 years ago, Vit D, Chinese Herbs, Exercise, yoga. So far tried antibiotics, fumaric acid and 4AP. Currently participant in the FTY720/PPMS Trial.<br />
Smilingface
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Frank » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:29 am

Phase-III ?
Did they ever had any former success with FTY in PPMS?

--Frank
Treatment: Gilenya since 01/2011, CCSVI both IJV ballooned 09/2010, Tysabri stopped after 24 Infusions and positive JCV antibody test, after LDN, ABX Wheldon Regime for 1 year.
Frank
Family Elder

FTY 720 Secondary Mechanism

Postby Smilingface » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:02 pm

Frank, it is the secondary mechanism of FTY 720 of stimulating nerve cells that is being tested in this arm of the current Phase III trial of FTY 720. I'm not sure how much research support there is but I first heard of the possible
second mechanism over a year ago. Let's hope Novartis is on to something!

I'm wondering how long it takes for a center to get up and running once a trial is announced. My neuro's office said today they have not gotten the final protocol yet from Novartis but they know they are a participating center.
Primary Progressive, Onset 10 years ago at age 42, diagnosis 6 years ago, Vit D, Chinese Herbs, Exercise, yoga. So far tried antibiotics, fumaric acid and 4AP. Currently participant in the FTY720/PPMS Trial.<br />
Smilingface
Family Elder

Postby carolew » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:43 pm

Great news Smilingface!!
carolew
Family Elder

Re: FTY 720 Secondary Mechanism

Postby CureOrBust » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:50 am

Smilingface wrote:stimulating nerve cells that is being tested in this arm of the current Phase III trial of FTY 720. I'm not sure how much research support there is
I have read of petri dish experiments and I think of injections into mice CNS, but I am a little surprised if it was the case, we have not heard something (i.e. personal experience) from people in the current Phase III for RRMS? anyone?
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Postby dignan » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:44 am

Great news Smilingface. You've been talking about this one for a while and nobody else seemed to have heard about it. If you get any more inside scoops on clinical trials, I'd love to hear about them.
dignan
Family Elder

Return to Drug Pipeline