Exercise bike

Using exercise and physical therapy for recovery from the effects of MS, and for maintaining physical function.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Exercise bike

Post by NHE »

Over the last 6 months to a year or so, I've lost a bit of motor control over my right foot and now have pretty bad foot drop. It's time to get back on the exercise bike in order to help delay further loss. I did a brief test run a few days ago and found that the velcro strap on one of the bike's pedals is worn out and will not hold. I need pedal straps since my foot tends to slide forward on the pedal and then the angle is wrong for my ankle. I'm considering the following replacement pedals and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on these or other pedals. It looks like the strap is held by a clamp on the outer side. It's hard to know how these clamps will hold up over time. The retailer told me that they have only sold one pair over the last year and haven't received any feedback on them.

Thanks, NHE
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Exercise bike

Post by NHE »

OK, there was a problem with the image not displaying correctly. It should be fixed now. :geek:

NHE
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Another option I'm considering is to use regular bicycle pedals with standard toe clips. It's unlikely that I will be using the bike without shoes so this shouldn't be a problem. Any thoughts?

NHE
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Packing tape.