Daughter of mom with MS

For questions on how to support loved ones with MS.
Scareddaughter13

Daughter of mom with MS

Post by Scareddaughter13 »

Hi all, my mother was diagnosed about a year ago with MS. Before this she was also diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, and Rhumetoid arthritis. Lately her personality has changed drastically and I have had heard of this being a symptom of MS but not sure. She seems very irritable and mad at the world all of the time. She's also extremely stubborn so trying to get a reason for her being so upset is near impossible. Really just looking for advice on how to cope or any thing I could do to help her.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Daughter of mom with MS

Post by ElliotB »

I know this is a very, very tough situation and time for you. And as tough as it is for you, it is 100x tougher for her. Learn to be patient with her as she learns to deal with everything she is going through. And extremely tolerant. At this time, she likely does not have full control of her emotions. In time, she should improve both physically and mentally. Until things improve, you need to be strong, and as hard as it is to do, you need to learn to look the other way as much as possible when she does or says things that upset you. Know she doesn't mean it, and than she still loves you as much as she did before she got sick.

Return to “Friends and Family”