Outbox filling with sent messages

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Outbox filling with sent messages

Postby gibbledygook » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:30 am

Does anyone know how to get the private messages which sometimes get stuck in the Outbox out and on their way? I've got several messages stuck there from a week ago.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby jr5646 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:29 am

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the "outbox" simply holds the pm until the person receiving "retrieves" them...

Once they do that, they will show up in the "sent" box...

It is up to the person on the other end... it just shows you that they havn't read them yet!

Does this make any sense?
jr5646
Family Elder

Postby jimmylegs » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:08 am

exactly.
READ ME key info on nutrient targets - www.thisisms.com/ftopict-2489.html
my approach: no meds so far - just nutrient-dense anti-inflammatory whole foods, and supplements where needed
info: www.whfoods.com, www.nutritiondata.com
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby gibbledygook » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:36 pm

Perfect sense! I get a different problem with my Outlook which is when the sent message contains too much data so I wondered if it could have been too long-winded a message!!!
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Postby L » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:25 pm

It could be good if a user was notified of a PM when they log in. Pop Up blockers on todays browsers prevent this from happening and lots of people are unaware of the 'your account' link on the top of the page I perhaps..
L
Family Elder

Re: Outbox filling with sent messages

Postby NHE » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:15 am

NHE wrote:There are also two options in the profile configuration page for your account that will alert you to the presence of new Private Messages. These are Notify on new Private Message: and Pop up window on new Private Message:. The first option will send you an email alert to inform you that you have received a new Private Message while the second option will display a pop-up alert if you receive a new Private Message while you are logged into the site. Note that the second option may not work if you are using some form of pop-up blocking software either in your web browser or some other additional utility. If you are using pop-up blocking software, then make sure that it is configured to allow pop-ups from the thisisms.com domain.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Return to General Discussion