Location....

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
treez
Family Elder

Location....

Post by treez »

I know I've posted here regarding this before.

I sure wish members would update their profile and include a location. I don't mean you have to be too specific. Maybe just a country!

When posts are made regarding MS topics, it would be helpful to members reading the posts since it is not always disclosed as to location. Example, a post made by someone about a promising research occurring "locally" could mean Australia. I live in the US. The chances of me getting involved in that research would be zero.

A location would, if nothing else, just be neat to know where all our members are coming from.

Please consider it?

Treez..............of the U.S. , Michigan to be more specific.
OneEyeBlind
Family Member

Post by OneEyeBlind »

Treez,

That is a great sugestion. I can't agree with you more.
Karen (OneEyeBlind) :wink:

* I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Agreed! (note snazzy new location addition to my profile ;) )
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
treez
Family Elder

Location.....?

Post by treez »

Hey,

I may have started something here :) !!

If three profiles with locations is a trend :o

Treez
OneEyeBlind
Family Member

Post by OneEyeBlind »

Hey Treez,

Ha ha!! Thats cute! A sense of humore today. :wink:

BTW: I have always had my local on my profile. NJ I believe, has at times been refered to as the armpit of America!! It didn't stop me from displaying it. And I like it here.

Bottom line. It's a Courtesy. Its just nice to know where the people your talking to are from.

ttyl,

jaycee
Family Member

Post by jaycee »

Armpit? NJ is beautiful. I used to live on Staten Island and had lots of friends in NJ. There was a joke about Staten Island that went: NJ and NY had a boat race around Staten Island to see which would get to claim it. NY lost.

As far as location in profiles...is 4 a trend? Plus, it's cool to see how we're all over the place.
treez
Family Elder

Post by treez »

I don't have an opinion about NJ, good or bad....never been there!

Heck we're just about neighbors!

Treez
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

And how about mine? Most people must know where London is!

Sarah :wink:
treez
Family Elder

London !

Post by treez »

LONDON....Huh, that place has a reputation all its own!

Just kidding Sarah, true it does have quite a reputation dating back so many years. Never been there either.

If London and New Jersey were equal distances from my home, I guess I'd choose London to visit first :? .

Sorry Jaycee :oops:

Just kidding all. I was just thinking, this morning, what a diverse group we all are! How this wonderful thing "the Internet" has brought millions of people together that 20 years ago would never have imagined meeting. Whether it be a brief encounter, or people putting their minds together sharing a common thought / interest. Case in point....look at us!

I guess that makes my point about this thread. 20 years ago would ANY of you have imagined how educated we have all become solely because of the WWW?

I personally look at where I'd be without the knowledge I've picked up here.

Don't mean to sound all melodramatic :roll:

Treez
OneEyeBlind
Family Member

Post by OneEyeBlind »

I am not saying that NJ is a bad place. Really it's great. I was born and raised here. Its loosing its Garden State status though. They just keep building and developing. It's a shame really. And we have the best of all worlds. Mountains, plains and beaches! Can't beat that.

I would love to go to London. What history! I collect dragons and castles so the first place I would seek out would be some castles!! And Treez, Michigan is very beautiful from what I hear also. And New Mexico! The colors, flavors and textures! What's not to say about California. Some day I hope to see all these places.

See what you started Steve? I am going to be day dreaming about far off places all day. So much for work.

The internet is a great way to make new friends! And generate new and stimulating conversation!

Be well,

Return to “General Discussion”